It was the first weekend after the first weekend after the Cubs won the World Series. I guess that’s not necessarily a thing, but it still made for a busy, interesting weekend …
Friday, November 11
- Kyle Schwarber did something of a media blitz, and it was fun and informative.
- Multi-inning relievers are going to be a huge thing next year. Get ready for it.
- The Cubs are among the teams interested in former Royals closer Greg Holland.
- Prospect notes on some of the biggest Cubs youngsters.
- Friday included some notable transactions around baseball, and a big prospect signing for the Blue Jays.
- There was also a healthy Lukewarm Stove, full of the latest rumors, including the availability of controllable starting pitchers.
Saturday, November 12
- Dexter Fowler wrote about his World Series experience, and it’s a great read.
- Among Saturday’s Bullets, there was a team defensive award and somehow the Cubs didn’t win it.
- Surprise: the Cubs are heavy, heavy favorites to repeat in 2017, at least by the betting odds.
- So many free agent rankings to get into, including some dollar figures and predictions.
Sunday, November 13
- The Cubs put out another celebration video from the festivities in Chicago on the day of the parade and rally, and it’s a great up-close-and-personal type video.
- Spin rate and curveballs – sounds like fun, right? Actually, it is!
- Luis wrote about how Jason Heyward not only dramatically improved the Cubs’ defense in right field, but really all over the outfield.
— Brett Taylor (@BleacherNation) November 12, 2016