The weekend has passed and the week is here. That’s how it works.
If you missed anything this weekend, catch yourself up right now, chums. Good stuff in here.
Friday, November 18
- We have new shirts! They are championship shirts! They are gorgeous!
- The MVP vote got me thinking about the Cubs’ 10 most valuable players from 2016.
- The Rangers are getting former Cubs pitcher Andrew Cashner on a one-year deal.
- Luis took a peek at some of the less-heralded, less-expensive relievers on the free agent market.
- The Cubs nabbed lefty David Rollins off of waivers from the Mariners.
- Friday’s Lukewarm Stove got into the latest rumors, including the ever-sought-after controllable starters.
- The moves we were waiting on all day (that is not an exaggeration, because I am a nerd): the Cubs added four prospects to the 40-man roster.
Saturday, November 19
- Luke wrote a primer on the farm system – like, why does it matter, how does it work, and that kind of stuff. Could be rudimentary for many of you, but if you’re newly “obsessive” about the Cubs, you may want to check it out.
- Among Saturday’s Bullets, another minor league signing for the Cubs.
- The Cubs won some off-beat awards.
- The Cardinals signed lefty Brett Cecil to a four-year deal.
- The Cubs are reportedly checking in on Kenley Jansen! … but there’s a big but. (Ha, big but.)
Sunday, November 20
- The Mesa Solar Sox won the AFL, and Ian Happ played a big part with a four-hit, two-homer game.
- Remember the crazy comeback game against the Mariners this year? The Jon Lester walk-off bunt one? Well, there was a behind-the-scenes story about just how angry Theo Epstein was.
- There was a very healthy Lukewarm Stove on Sunday, with the Cubs looking at outfielders, Yankees trade potential, and so much more.
- And those new BN shirts I mentioned, check ’em out: