The weekend has passed, which means Winter Meetings week is officially here. Catch yourself up on the lead-up if you missed anything …
Friday, December 2
- Friday’s Bullets included some bad news for the Pirates.
- If the Cubs are going to go all-in on Shohei Otani, there’s a CBA-sized hurdle they’ll have to overcome first.
- The Cubs aren’t just looking at free agents for their bullpen – there is reportedly a trio of top arms in trade they are considering.
- Friday’s Lukewarm Stove had us into Dexter Fowler, Chris Sale, Aroldis Chapman, and a bunch of other rumor bits.
- Much more to discuss from MLB’s new CBA, which changes so much of the offseason game.
- The Cubs signed a lefty for the bullpen.
- The Cubs tendered contracts to their four arbitration-eligible players, but non-tendered four other players.
Saturday, December 3
- Rounding up the more interesting non-tenders from Friday, including Tyson Ross.
- Saturday’s Bullets had a lot of fun.
- We are frequently talking about the possible bullpen pieces the Cubs might add, but Luis wrote about a few internal options not to forget.
- The Rule 5 Draft is coming, and the Cubs might have a few of the most attractive prospects, at least according to one projection system.
- The day wrapped with a Lukewarm Stove as we build toward the Winter Meetings.
Sunday, December 4
- Did you know that David Ross once hit a grand slam off of Jake Arrieta?
- Defensive skills and outfielder overload among Sunday’s Bullets.
- The Cubs’ unique combination of dominance and youth in 2016 sets them up exceedingly well.
- The day once again wrapped up with a Lukewarm Stove of rumors, including more on Shohei Otani and a Matt Holliday signing.
More From Bleacher Nation