The Cubs beat the White Sox! In a Spring Training game! Take that!
Also, the Cubs won the World Series. Which I offer because this:
— Brett Taylor (@BleacherNation) March 17, 2017
- Anyway, the Cubs won 7-3 today, as the big blow came on a three-run homer by Kyle Schwarber. I was lucky enough to be at this game today, and that blast was a no-doubter shot. Good stuff, Kyle. Kris Bryant added a two-run hit, and Anthony Rizzo double.
- Elsewhere for the Cubs, Duane Underwood pitched the first inning, allowing just a single. From there, though, his day was done. Rob Zastryzny stayed stretched out, pitching three scoreless innings. He gave up some hard contact, and did not strike anyone out, for what it’s worth. In fact, on the day, the Cubs’ pitchers logged just two strikeouts.
- White Sox pitching prospect Michael Kopech – he of the insane velocity – looked every bit the part in this one, striking out five Cubs in his two innings of work.
- Kind Cubs on St. Paddy’s Day:
— Chicago Cubs (@Cubs) March 17, 2017
- It was a good day for baseball:
A little ⚾️ on 🍀. pic.twitter.com/gN4hf7JXBY
— Bleacher Nation (@BleacherNation) March 17, 2017
- And the Cubs were in the spirit of the day:
— Gordon Wittenmyer (@GDubCub) March 17, 2017
- Meanwhile, Jake Arrieta pitched in a minor league game back at Sloan:
— Jesse Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) March 17, 2017
Arrieta working on curve, pretty sharp at times, 57 pitches (unofficial) through 4
— Mark Gonzales (@MDGonzales) March 17, 2017
#Cubs Arrieta's outing vs Angels Triple-A team: 5 IP 1 H 3 BB 7 Ks
— Carrie Muskat (@CarrieMuskat) March 17, 2017
- I also did a little mountain climbing earlier today: