Another day, another Ian Happ home run. This one he hit from the right side, pulling a knee high pitch on the inner edge of the zone to straight away left. Not only was that shot his eighth homer of the season, it also happened to be a grand slam.
It seems like Iowa has been hitting a lot of those lately, but that’s what happens when you have a lineup stacked with guys who can get on base and guys who can take the ball out of the park on a regular basis. And there is no denying that Iowa’s lineup is stacked right now.
- Jake Buchanan: 5 IP, 3 R (1 ER), 6 H, 1 BB, 5 K
- Felix Pena: 1 IP, 1 K
- Ian Happ: 1 for 2, HR, 2 BB
- Mark Zagunis: 1 for 3, HR, BB
- Bijan Rademacher: 1 for 1, 3B, BB
- Trevor Clifton: 5.1 IP, 2 R, 8 H, 1 BB, 3 K
- Brad Markey: 2.2 IP, 2 K
- Charcer Burks: 2 for 5, SB
- Jacob Hannemann: 0 for 3, 2 BB, SB
- Carlos Penalver: 2 for 4
- Adbert Alzolay: 6 IP, 3 H, 1 BB, 3 K
- Dillon Maples: 2 IP, 1 H, 2 BB, 4 K
- Craig Brooks: 1 IP, 2 K
- Bryant Flete: 1 for 3, 2B, BB
- P.J. Higgins: 2 for 4
- Jesse Hodges: 1 for 3, HR
- Tyler Pearson: 1 for 3, 2B
- Daniel Spingola: 1 for 3, 3B
- Tyson Miller: 3 IP, 1 R, 4 H, 1 BB, 2 K
- Pedro Silverio: 3 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 4 K
- Marc Huberman: 1.1 IP, 4 BB, 4 K
- Jared Cheek: 1 IP, 3 BB, 2 K
- Chad Hockin: 0.2 IP, 1 K
- Chris Pieters: 2 for 3, HR
- Zack Short: 0 for 3, BB, SB
- Isaac Paredes: 0 for 2, 2 BB
- So how did Brad Markey wind up with a blown save when he had a WHIP of 0.00 for this game? Markey entered the game in the bottom of the sixth with runners on second and third and one out. The first batter he faced hit a sac fly that scored the runner from third. That runner was the tying run, so Markey is hit with a blown save.
- I did not get to watch the Pelicans game as it happened last night, but that is one I’ll go back to check out the video of later. I have not yet gotten a chance to take a good look at the pitching of Alzolay and Maples this season, and this looks like a good opportunity for that. If you don’t want to see the entire game, though, you can probably still spare two minutes for the highlights.