The Cubs World Series ring parade continued a few days ago with a stop in South Bend to award shiny memorbilia to members of that organization. In this case it was mostly coaches and front office folks who were recognized; none of the players in South Bend were part of the 2016 Cubs 40-man roster.
But because it was in South Bend, we get a very good video of the event. If you are already tired of World Series celebrations, then you can just skip down to the game highlights. For the rest of us, clear seven minutes from your busy schedule and enjoy.
Triple A: Iowa Cubs
Iowa was rained out.
- Trevor Clifton: 5.2 IP, 1 R, 7 H, 2 BB, 5 K
- Daury Torrez: 1.1 IP, 1 H
- Andury Acevedo: 2 IP and a line of zeros.
- Jacob Hannemann 1 for 4, HR
- Ian Rice: 3 for 3, 2B, HR
- Adbert Alzolay: 1.2 IP, 2 R, 4 H, 2 BB, 2 K
- Casey Bloomquist: 3.1 IP, 2 K
- Dillon Maples: 2 IP, 1 R, 3 H, 4 K
- Craig Brooks: 2 IP, 1 BB, 3K
- Trent Giambrone: 1 for 4, HR
- Daniel Spingola: 1 for 3, HR, BB
- Jesse Hodges: 1 for 4, 2B
- Tyson Miller: 6 IP, 2 R (1 ER), 3 H, 1 BB, 4 K
- Pedro Silverio: 2 IP, 1 K
- Dakota Mekkes: 1 IP, 1 H, 1 K
- Zack Short: 1 for 3, BB
- Chris Pieters: 2 for 4, SB
- Kevonte Mitchell: 3 for 4, 2 2B, 2 SB
- Jhonny Pereda: 1 for 4, 2B
- After his big day, catcher Ian Rice has raised his line to .278/.443/.426 with 16 walks and 15 strikeouts in his first 22 games. Yesterday marked his first home run. He has a ways to go to hit the 100 PA threshhold, but this 2015 pick is off to an excellent start.
- This video is a few days old, but since we’ve been talking about Jason Vosler a lot around here, it seems that it is time to feature a Vosler highlight. This is the home run he hit in extra innings in the doubleheader on Monday: