That was an odd series, eh? The Cubs and Brewers played in the slop on Friday, didn’t play in the sunshine on Saturday, and then played a laugher on Sunday.
Friday, May 19
- Looking back at Kris Bryant’s home run OFF the batter’s eye.
- Friday’s Bullets included Jon Lester’s throwing issues (the good side of things), Ian Happ’s presence, and more.
- Three new mock drafts came out on Friday for you to review and enjoy, as the Cubs have two picks at the end of the first round.
- It’s time for Lukewarm Stoves to return! Pitchers on the market, Harper’s cost, and more.
- The Brewers beat the Cubs in an extraordinarily lame and ridiculous game.
Saturday, May 20
- Dylan Cease hit the disabled list with his ankle injury.
- Kyle Schwarber showed off some great – and not so great – defense.
- Saturday’s Bullets included thoughts on Butler’s start, the nasty conditions the day before, and more.
- Michael discussed the good news in Jake Arrieta potentially having a mechanical issue.
- The Cubs and Brewers were postponed by the threat of inclement weather, and rescheduled for July 6.
- The Cubs caught their bullpenners and the Brewers’ bullpenners in a rain delay dance off situation, and it is amazing.
Sunday, May 21
- Luke checked in on the minor league playoff races (yup, some of them are already getting down the first-half stretch), and Eloy Jimenez clubbed another homer.
- Dense Bullets on Sunday, including Jake Arrieta’s attention to his mechanics, a Matt Adams trade, and Cuban Luis Robert chose the White Sox over the Cardinals.
- The Cubs made the Heyward/La Stella/Johnson/Floro moves official.
- About that postponement, the Brewers were apparently unhappy about it, and think the Cubs may have been pulling something shady.
- The Cubs probably made the Brewers wish Sunday’s game was washed out by dropping 13 on them. And Kris Bryant homered twice. It’s a thing he does.