The Eugene Emeralds are putting out a video series on YouTube in which various members of the Emeralds provide short lessons on some aspect of the game. There are at least three of them up now, and all three are short and well worth watching.
If you want to throw a slider, Michael Knighton has you covered. If you want to bunt (for a base hit only, of course), then tune in to Tolly Filotei. And if you want to not get flattened while turning a double play, Jhonny Bethencourt provides a how to.
Not to be outdone, the Tennessee Smokies have Cael Brockmeyer discussing kale. The green leafy stuff. For a minute and a half. It’s… something.
- Rob Zastryzny: 5 IP, 4 R, 8 H, 4 K
- Felix Pena: 2.2 IP, 1 R, 2 H, 5 K
- Dillon Maples: 2 IP, 2 K
- Pierce Johnson: 1 IP, 1 H, 1 K
- John Andreoli: 3 for 6, 2 2B
- Mark Zagunis: 2 for 5, 2B
- Taylor Davis: 2 for 5, 2 2B
- Chesny Young: 2 for 4, 2B, BB
Tennessee 2, Pensacola 1
In Game Two they came up with eight hits on their way to the win.
- James Pugliese: 4 IP, 1 R, 3 H, 1 BB, 2 K
- Brad Markey: 2 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 2 K
- Charcer Burks: 3 for 3, 2B
- Carlos Penalver: 1 for 2, 2B
- Trey Martin: 1 for 3, 2B
- Casey Bloomquist: 3 IP, 5 R, 7 H, 1 K
- Scott Effross: 2 IP, 2 H, 4 K
- Zack Short: 1 for 4, 3B
- Tyler Alamo: 1 for 3, 2B
- Bryan Hudson: 5 IP, 1 R, 8 H, 3 BB, 6 K
- Yapson Gomez: 2 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 2 K
- Andruw Monasterio: 2 for 4, BB
- Tyler Payne: 2 for 4, BB
- Joey Martarano: 2 for 3, 2B, 2 BB
- Bailey Clark: 0.2 IP, 5 R, 5 H, 1 BB, 2 K
- Jake Steffens: 3 IP, 1 R, 5 H, 3 K
- Chris Singleton: 3 for 5, 2B
- Rafael Narea: 2 for 4
- The Top 40 has made it into the Top 10 now, with numbers 16 through 9 dropping yesterday. Anyone wondering just how I would rank Dillon Maples (you know who you are) will find your answers in that edition of the Top 40.
- Jhon Romero picked up the save for South Bend yesterday. It was his sixth appearance for the Cubs, and so far he hasn’t allowed a hit. I don’t know much about the stuff this 22-year-old right hander has just yet, but we’ll keep an eye on him.