The minor league regular season is over. For Iowa, Tennessee, and South Bend, the end of the regular season is the end of baseball for the year.
For Myrtle Beach, Eugene, and Arizona, though, the focus is now on the postseason.
Actually, yesterday was the second day, and second round, of Arizona’s playoff journey. Since Arizona has won both of their playoff games so far, they head into the league championship match tonight.
Eugene opens their postseason tonight at home. They welcome Hillsboro for Game One of a best of three series. The rest of the series will be in Hillsboro starting tomorrow night. Should Eugene win that series, the championship series will open in Eugene on Friday.
Myrtle Beach heads to Down East for the first two games of a best of five series starting Wednesday. The last three games of that set, or as many as are necessary, will be in Myrtle Beach.
Starting pitchers for the Pelicans’ and Emeralds’ playoffs series have not yet been announced.
- Williams Perez: 6 IP, 5 R, 6 H, 3 BB, 3 K
- Jemile Weeks: 1 for 4, 2B
- Stephen Bruno: 3 for 4, 2 2B
- Chesny Young: 1 for 4, 2B
- Ali Solis: 2 for 4, 2B
- Duane Underwood: 7 IP, 4 R, 6 H, 2 BB, 3 K
- Jeffrey Baez: 1 for 4, 2B, BB
- Andrew Ely: 2 for 3, BB
- Yasiel Balaguert: 1 for 4, 2B
- Trey Martin: 1 for 3, 2B
- Cael Brockmeyer: 1 for 3, 2B
- Oscar De La Cruz: 1 IP, 1 R, 2 H
- Kyle Miller: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 2 K
- Dave Berg: 1 IP, 2 H, 2 K
- Eddy Martinez: 1 for 2, 2 BB
- Jose Paulino: 4 IP, 6 R, 10 H, 1 BB, 3 K
- Jhon Romero: 2.1 IP, 1 K
- Yeiler Peguero: 1 for 3, 2B, BB
- Kevonte Mitchell: 2 for 4, 2B
Short Season A: Eugene Emeralds
Eugene had the day off. They begin their playoffs tonight.
- Stephen Ridings: 0.0 IP, 4 R (3 ER), 2 H, 2 BB
- Ivan Medina: 3 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 3 K
- Carlos Sepulveda: 2 for 3, 2 2B
- Jonathan Sierra: 2 for 5, HR
- Nelson Velazquez: 1 for 4, 2B, BB
- Marcus Mastrobuoni: 2 for 4, 2B, BB
- Luis Hidalgo: 1 for 5, 2B
- Cam Balego: 1 for 5, HR
- Kwang-Min Kwon: 1 for 1, 2B, BB
- Delvin Zinn: 2 for 4, HR
- Iowa finished the season at 67-72.
- Tennessee finished the season at 68-70.
- South Bend finished the season at 75-64.
- In case you missed it yesterday, the Cubs called Iowa catcher Taylor Davis to Chicago and lost outfielder Jacob Hannemann on waivers. The Cubs also lost lefty reliever Jack Leathersich on waivers.
- Arizona rallied from an early five run deficit thanks in part to three home runs, all three of them hit in the fourth or fifth innings.