The first weekend of MLB’s offseason kicked up the rumor mill, and even saw the Cubs make a move on the waiver wire.
If you checked out for the weekend on Friday, here’s what you may have missed …
Friday, November 3
- In Friday’s Bullets, we got into ridiculous streaks, Darvish tipping pitches, and much more.
- Kyle Schwarber’s strikeout rate and swinging strike rate don’t make a ton of sense together, but at least one issue is clear.
- In the latest from the rumor mill, the Cardinals will not be quiet this offseason.
- Michael took a deep dive on Alex Cobb, one of the Cubs’ expected free agent targets.
- The early, early, early 2018 World Series odds aren’t digging the Cubs.
- A new Cub: the Cubs poached a lefty from the Twins off of waivers.
- The Cubs will once again make an effort this offseason to extend their young talent.
- To the surprise of many, Masahiro Tanaka will NOT opt out into free agency.
Saturday, November 4
- A lotta fun in Saturday’s Bullets, but some bummer stuff up front with the Cubs seriously struggling in two-strike counts.
- Adbert Alzolay is flying up the prospect ranks, and the Cubs have a legit top 100 type starting pitching prospect at the AA/AAA level.
- A Saturday night Lukewarm Stove! The Cubs want a whole lot of pitchers this offseason, and we got into a couple new names: Lance Lynn and Andrew Cashner.
Sunday, November 5
- Johnny Cueto also revealed his opt out decision, and like Tanaka, he’s staying.
- In the Bullets, we got into pitching prospect Jake Stinnett, and my own embarrassing security system goof moment.
- Potential Cubs free agent target Alex Cobb will be getting a qualifying offer.