Ah! The Winter Meetings are here! And things are happening! You better catch yourself up quick on the HUGE news from the weekend so you don’t feel lost today …
Friday, December 8
- Notes on the Cubs’ Tyler Chatwood signing, including even more reasons to dig the deal.
- Kyle Schwarber is aiming to be in the best shape of his life, and it’s something he talked about with the front office.
- And Jason Heyward is aiming to get that swing back in shape. Again. He’s already working in Arizona, and you can see what’s what.
- The big news on Friday was also the sad news on Friday: Shohei Ohtani picked the Angels.
- On a lighter note, remember that time when Michael Jordan threw a pitch way over Sammy Sosa’s head?
- The post-Ohtani Lukewarm Stove reset the stage.
- Friday night was crazy on the Giancarlo Stanton front, with the Cardinals announcing they were out after Stanton had rejected a trade, and the Giants following suit. And then the Yankees suddenly leapt in with advanced talks.
Saturday, December 9
- It finally happened – Giancarlo Stanton was traded to the Yankees, with Starlin Castro among the players going the other way.
- Among Saturday’s Bullets, the blazing hot stove, talk about structure of contracts, and more.
- The Rule 5 Draft is coming this week, so here’s an early primer.
- What’s that? The obligatory Cubs-Chris Archer connection? But of course!
Sunday, December 10
- The big news on Sunday: the Cubs agreed to a deal with Brandon Morrow.
- Ever the copycat, the Cardinals agreed to a deal with Luke Gregerson.
- The Red Sox reportedly want Kyle Schwarber. (NO.)
- The Cubs could be making a push to get an Alex Cobb deal done.
- Fun Bullets on Sunday, with crazy lineups, that crazy Ted Lilly signing story, and more.
- And we closed things down with a mini rumor round-up and Winter Meetings prep.