The weekend has come and gone, and I welcome you back, friend. Peruse the happenings if you missed anything …
Friday, December 15
- The Pirates and Yankees are talking Gerrit Cole trade.
- If the Cubs’ bullpen made no more additions, are you satisfied it can be an effective one?
- Farewell Hector Rondon, who signed with the Astros.
- A fun memory from 2017 – the time Kyle Schwarber broke the right field video board with a monster BP dinger.
- It’s a start: the Nationals expect Bryce Harper to hit free agency.
- The latest from the rumor mill following the Winter Meetings.
- Finally, a significant free agent signed – Carlos Santana to the Phillies.
- A report out of Japan (later confirmed) indicated the Cubs are in on Yu Darvish.
- Javy Baez showed of his switch-hitting power, and also his farm.
- The Giants and Rangers got together on a Matt Moore trade.
Saturday, December 16
- With Manny Machado on the block, it was only a matter of time before someone connected him to the Cubs – so let’s discuss.
- Among Saturday’s Bullets, an outfielder is suing the White Sox, and I wonder about the league-wide implications.
- The Steve Cishek signing is officially official.
- The Dodgers and Braves made a huge trade full of almost exclusively financial implications.
- The Cubs are reportedly in on top free agent starter Yu Darvish. Like, that’s your stateside report.
Sunday, December 17
- The Bullets looked at how Brandon Morrow got a nasty pitch going for him, among other things.
- Whatever Alex Cobb’s demands, the Cubs reportedly found them too steep last week.
- Among a trio of transactions around the league, Travis Wood has been DFA’d. Status of his shirt TBA.