Welcome back to the post-holiday world. I hope you had a wonderful extended weekend, and you’re ready to peruse the headlines …
Friday, December 22
- Batter pace problems, a unique Cubs story, and more in Friday’s Bullets.
- The Yankees are probably going to get Gerrit Cole eventually, but reports have been conflicting about how close a deal is.
- The Cubs’ pitching infrastructure got two huge additions this offseason, even though you won’t see them on the mound.
- Against the backdrop of tons of Cubs-Yu Darvish rumors, we’re wondering why the rumors aren’t there about Jake Arrieta.
- The Cubs’ defense is good – and over the past three years, it’s been stupid good.
- From around the league, a top executive was forced out of MLBAM after ugly allegations, the Mets’ owners are causing problems, and more.
- Darvish’s ZiPS projections are out, and waaaaaaaaant.
Saturday, December 23
- The Bullets on Saturday featured Anthony Rizzo leading, MeToo coming to sports, and more.
- Remember when Glenallen Hill hit a homer ONTO a Wrigley rooftop?
- Reportedly, Alex Cobb’s camp is looking at Mike Leake’s contract as a comp, and that’s probably an issue for teams.
- The rumor mill carried into the weekend.
Sunday, December 24
- The Bullets featured more Marlins mess, a couple 44-year-old players trying to keep it going, and more.
- A bit of a surprise from Nick Cafardo, who says that the team most substantively involved in trade talks on Manny Machado has been the Cubs.
- A Lukewarm Stove to close down the weekend, with updated bits on the big names – Machado, Darvish, Harper, and more.
Monday, December 25
- It was Christmas Day, and outside of wishing you a brief Merry Christmas, we took the day off. Welcome back!