Thursday night brought the big activity, and, as we should all have expected by now, it did not shake anything loose …
Friday, January 26
- Yup, the market is still frozen, and some free agents are reportedly even considering starting their own Spring Training.
- Thoughts on how “winning” the CBA may have put the owners in a precarious spot.
- The Cubs are reportedly Yu Darvish’s preference, all else equal.
- A Lukewarm Stove in the wake of the Brewers’ big moves, including the Nationals making a push for JT Realmuto.
- Cubs GM Jed Hoyer spoke on a range of topics, including what he thought about the offense’s issues last year.
- Keith Law’s farm system rankings came out, and the Cubs are down, down, down.
- Bits from around the league, including ire about the Marlins and Pirates’ sell-off, NL Central improvements, and more.
- The Cubs brought in another depth lefty.
Saturday, January 27
- New Cubs catcher Chris Gimenez has been talking to Yu Darvish a whole lot.
- MLB responded to a possible grievance against the Marlins and Pirates, Hawk Harrelson wants to kick the Cubs’ butts, and more.
- A run-down of the latest rumors, including the Cubs still leading for Darvish, for whatever that’s worth at this point.
Sunday, January 28
- The Cubs got shut out of another top 100, and the first player to mention the “strike” word …
- Brewers ownership at least wants to put out the appearance that they’re willing to continue spending in order to add to the rotation.