Good news, folks. I think we got the single worst day of the 2018 minor league season out of the way early.
Iowa and South Bend saw their games postponed due to nasty weather. Tennesee tried to get in a game, and had a 5-1 lead in the third inning, but then the contest was suspended for rain.
That means the only team to actually finish a game was Myrtle Beach. And there were not a lot of bright spots in that game. To put it kindly.
Triple A: Iowa Cubs
Weather did not allow the Cubs to play.
Double A: Tennessee Smokies
We’ll save the breakdown of this game until it is completed. That completion should be today, followed a seven inning game.
- Jose Paulino: 3.2 IP, 8 R (5 ER), 7 H, 1 BB, 1 K
- Tyler Peyton: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 1 K
- Wladimir Galindo: 2 for 3, 2B
- Aramis Ademan: 1 for 2, BB
Low A: South Bend Cubs
Weather shut down this game as well.
- Myrtle Beach committed four errors. One error each came from Ademan, Jhonny Peralta, Chris Pieters, and Andruw Monasterio
- Ademan was challenged with an assignment to High A at the age of 19, and through two games he has a two game hitting streak. Small sample size and all that, but it is good to see that he’s off to a good start.
- Looking ahead to today’s games, Myrtle Beach is sending Bryan Hudson to the mound. Hudson is a still developing lefty starter with a ton of potential who could be on the edge of a breakout. We haven’t gotten to him in the Top 40 yet, but we will. If Tennessee gets in their scheduled game, another highly ranked Cubs pitcher, Tom Hatch, will be on the mound for the Smokies.
- Speaking of the Top 40, we’ve now ranked all but the Top 16. Yesterday’s article can be found here.