Truly, that was the worst kind of loss you can put together.
- Facing a bad team?
- Extra innings?
- Came back late to tie it?
- Gave the other team free runs?
- Squandered an absurd number of opportunities?
- Burned the bullpen in the first game of a doubleheader?
- Giving up the winning run by walking BILLY HAMILTON with the bases loaded?
Freaking *chef kiss* of a loss, man. It just doesn’t get worse.
Relatedly: is it just me, or have the Cubs had a disproportionate volume of TERRIBLE losses this year? Like, a lot of losses suck, but a lot are also just kinda shrug-it-off types. But these? These ones stick to your ribs.