The Cubs took two of three from the Cardinals this weekend in St. Louis, and, although it’s not the sweep you were hoping for last night, it’ll do, pig.
If you missed anything else this weekend, catch yourself up here …
Friday, June 15
- Why does ever Gleyber Torres homer compel national folks to criticize the Cubs’ trade for Aroldis Chapman?
- Commissioner Manfred hints at actual traction in NL DH discussions.
- At present, Javy Baez is going out of the strike zone more than any other batter in baseball.
- The latest from around the league, including injury news and the possibility of banning the shift.
- Justin Wilson and the rotating call-up relievers have been great.
- Bad news on the prospect front, as Adbert Alzolay’s season is over.
- Good news on the prospect front, as Keegan Thompson’s great season rolls on with a perfect seven innings.
- Opening up their weekend set against the Cardinals, the Cubs got to stomping.
- The Cubs got a trio of special homers in the win.
Saturday, June 16
- Jon Lester continues to net fantastic results this year.
- There’s a chance Yu Darvish will in fact be back with the Cubs before the All-Star break.
- Javy Baez running and Jon Lester bunting is just so great.
- The Cubs beat the Cardinals as Michael got married. Some love for Jason Heyward’s big blast, as he turned around a 99 mph fastball.
Sunday, June 17
- The Cubs’ win over the Cardinals the night before was fun not only because it was a comeback, but also because the moment the Cubs took the lead late clearly crushed Yadi Molina.
- Yu Darvish is expected to throw live BP on Tuesday.
- A very scary moment as Javy Baez took a fastball off the elbow and had to leave last night’s game.
- The Cubs ultimately dropped the game in shutout fashion.