It’s re-match time.
The Chicago Cubs just played the Dodgers in a three-game set at Wrigley Field a week ago, and took two out of three. If you recall, there was a double-header in there, too, where the Cubs blew game 1 in the ninth inning, but won game 2 with a walk-off. Hopefully, they can escape Los Angeles with at least two wins this time around and head home to take on the Twins at Wrigley Field with a little momentum on their side, especially after the unspeakable weekend that just happened.
We’re Going Streaking
The Chicago Cubs (42-33) just had a weekend series against the Reds, and played some baseball in there for a few innings.
The Los Angeles Dodgers (41-35) just swept the Mets in New York, because that’s what happens when good teams face bad teams, right? Given their start to the year, it’s rather incredible that they’re just a game and a half behind the Cubs at this point.
Game Times and Broadcasts Info
- Monday, June 25 at 9:10 CT on NBC Sports Chicago, ESPN (out-of-market) 670 The Score
- Tuesday, June 26 at 9:10 CT on WGN, ESPN (out-of-market) 670 The Score
- Wednesday, June 27 at 9:10 CT on NBC Sports Chicago+, ESPN (out-of-market) 670 The Score
- Thursday, June 28 at 2:10 CT on NBC Sports Chicago, MLBN (out-of-market) 670 The Score
- Duane Underwood, Jr. (MLB Debut)
- Jon Lester (2.10 ERA, 4.19 FIP; 2.46 K/BB)
- Kyle Hendricks (3.73 ERA, 4.61 FIP; 2.56 K/BB)
- Jose Quintana (4.26 ERA, 4.38 FIP; 2.05 K/BB)
Active Depth Chart:
- C – Willson Contreras
- 1B – Anthony Rizzo
- 2B – Javy Baez
- 3B – Kris Bryant
- SS – Addison Russell
- LF – Kyle Schwarber/Ben Zobrist
- CF – Albert Almora/Ian Happ
- RF – Jason Heyward/Ben Zobrist
Unavailable: Brandon Morrow, Eddie Butler, Yu Darvish, Carl Edwards Jr.
Los Angeles Dodgers
- Kenta Maeda (3.84 ERA, 3.22 FIP; 2.73 K/BB)
- Ross Stripling (1.99 ERA, 2.47 FIP; 7.73 K/BB)
- Alex Wood (4.13 ERA, 3.33 FIP; 4.69 K/BB)
- Clayton Kershaw (2.94 ERA, 3.36 FIP; 4.75 K/BB)
Active Depth Chart:
- C – Yasmani Grandal
- 1B – Cody Bellinger
- 2B – Logan Forsythe
- 3B – Justin Turner
- SS – Chris Taylor
- LF – Matt Kemp
- CF – Joc Pederson
- RF – Yasiel Puig
Unavailable: Pedro Baez, Walker Buehler, Tony Cingrani, Chase Utley, Tom Koehler, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Corey Seager, Julio Urias, Dennis Santana
Keep An Eye Out For …
Cubs Pitcher: Hopefully Brandon Morrow returns from the DL in the middle of this series when he’s eligible, because the bullpen could undoubtedly use the boost of pushing everyone back an inning.
Cubs Player: Anthony Rizzo homered yesterday, his first in a couple weeks, hopefully helping to shake him loose from an ugly stretch that followed his blistering May (and the first week of June). With or without Kris Bryant available, the Cubs need Rizzo to be RIZZO for the offense to click.
Dodgers Pitcher: Clayton Kershaw is back once again, having missed some time for a back issue, and then returning on Saturday without the benefit of a rehab outing. He threw just 55 pitches over three innings and got knocked around, so it basically was a rehab outing … and now he’s probably geared up and ready to go.
Dodgers Player: Chris Taylor is such a dang pest – and I mean that as a compliment – aside from his BABIP, his peripherals basically all match his breakout 2017 season, which is to say the 27-year-old is hitting very well yet again.
Michael Cerami contributed to this post.