The Cubs didn’t just beat the Reds this weekend, at long last … they beat them twice! A series win against the mighty Reds! TAKE THAT.
If you missed anything else this weekend, catch up on the headlines here …
Friday, July 6
- The Cubs have more deserving All-Stars than they can realistically get, and Other Bullets.
- Dexter Fowler responded to the “effort” criticism, and reportedly doesn’t even speak with his manager.
- Carl Edwards, Jr. returned from his shoulder injury.
- Using El Mago Moments for a very good cause.
- Theo Epstein spoke about Kris Bryant’s status, Yu Darvish’s status, and the trade market.
- Cubs prospect Miguel Amaya made the Futures Game.
- The latest from the rumor mill, including the Brewers and Manny Machado.
- Jason Heyward made an awesome, run-saving catch.
- The Cubs’ winning streak came to an end when they couldn’t quite come back against the Reds.
Saturday, July 7
- Cubs pitching prospect Oscar De La Cruz was suspended for a failed test.
- The Cubs’ struggles against the Reds are not unique and Other Bullets.
- Kris Bryant took batting practice on the field.
- The Cubs officially finalized and announced 32 draft signings.
- The Cubs came back HUGE to finally beat the Reds, and it was awesome.
Sunday, July 8
- The Cubs’ top pick from this year’s draft smacked his first pro homer, and more promotions came.
- Fun with Javy Baez’s big game and big strides this year.
- Kris Bryant is headed out to a rehab assignment with the Tennessee Smokies.
- Roster moves, as James Norwood comes up and Anthony Bass hits the DL.
- What to do with Tyler Chatwood, Randy Rosario as GOAT, and more in the Bullets.
- The Cubs came back to beat the Reds in an especially wild one, including a walk-off walk.
- And the day capped off with Javy Baez, Willson Contreras, and Jon Lester making the All-Star Game!