Quantcast

Chicago Cubs News

Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: $75 Million in Federal Tax Credits Up in the Air

Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: $75 Million in Federal Tax Credits Up in the Air

Renovating historic places can get you a credit, but the recently-planned outfield signs could be an issue.

by September 5, 2014 Chicago Cubs News
Mike Olt, Minor League Playoff Hero and Other Bullets

Mike Olt, Minor League Playoff Hero and Other Bullets

The Cubs’ soon-to-be fill-in first baseman crushed it during his rehab stint.

by September 5, 2014 Chicago Cubs News
The Future Looks Bright … Which Means Season Ticket Prices Are Increasing Slightly

The Future Looks Bright … Which Means Season Ticket Prices Are Increasing Slightly

Invoices are going out, and 20% of seats – mostly the best ones – will see a slight increase. The other 80% are staying flat.

by September 4, 2014 Chicago Cubs News
Javier Baez Will Be the Cubs’ Primary Shortstop the Rest of the Way

Javier Baez Will Be the Cubs’ Primary Shortstop the Rest of the Way

Given that he was still learning second base in preparation for 2015, should we divine anything from this decision?

by September 4, 2014 Chicago Cubs News
Kyle Hendricks Is the NL Rookie of the Month – How Good Was He? How Good Can He Be?

Kyle Hendricks Is the NL Rookie of the Month – How Good Was He? How Good Can He Be?

The Cubs didn’t lose a single game that Hendricks started in August. What do they have in this young man going forward?

by September 4, 2014 Analysis and Commentary, Chicago Cubs News
Jorge Soler’s Crazy First Week Requires a Brake Tap and Other Bullets

Jorge Soler’s Crazy First Week Requires a Brake Tap and Other Bullets

You can’t play much better in your first seven games in the big leagues, but, well, seven games are still just seven games.

by September 4, 2014 Chicago Cubs News
Ryan Sweeney’s Season is Over, Too – Ryan Kalish Takes His Spot

Ryan Sweeney’s Season is Over, Too – Ryan Kalish Takes His Spot

A left hamstring strain later, Sweeney is on the 60-day DL and Kalish is back on the 40-man roster.

by September 4, 2014 Chicago Cubs News, Chicago Cubs Transactions
Starlin Castro’s Season is Likely Over

Starlin Castro’s Season is Likely Over

It’s a high ankle sprain for Castro, who will presumably rest up and heal in the offseason.

by September 3, 2014 Chicago Cubs News
Jorge Soler, Javier Baez, and Kris Bryant: They’re A Little Dangerous

Jorge Soler, Javier Baez, and Kris Bryant: They’re A Little Dangerous

The trio is an important part of the Cubs’ near-term future, and they make it easy to dream.

Anthony Rizzo Has a Lower Back Strain, and It’s Possible His Season is Over

Anthony Rizzo Has a Lower Back Strain, and It’s Possible His Season is Over

You’d hope to see him out there with a chance to finish out his season, but, even if he can’t, it was a dominant year.

by September 3, 2014 Chicago Cubs News
Mike Olt Could Join the Cubs Soon After a Little Rehab and Other Bullets

Mike Olt Could Join the Cubs Soon After a Little Rehab and Other Bullets

Before hurting his hamstring, Olt was hitting quite well at AAA Iowa.

Starlin Castro’s Injury Last Night Was a Sprained Ankle (VIDEO)

Starlin Castro’s Injury Last Night Was a Sprained Ankle (VIDEO)

The injury was ugly, but not gruesome. Castro was in obvious pain, though he did walk off under his own power.

by September 3, 2014 Chicago Cubs News
Theo Epstein Speaks: The Talent, The Payroll, The TV Deal, The Pitching, and The Future

Theo Epstein Speaks: The Talent, The Payroll, The TV Deal, The Pitching, and The Future

The money is there to spend on pitching, and the talent is there, too. But that doesn’t mean the Cubs will have a singular focus on 2015.

by September 2, 2014 Chicago Cubs News, Chicago Cubs Rumors
Roster Moves: Lake, Jokisch, Lopez, Rosscup, Schlitter, Straily, Vizcaino Added

Roster Moves: Lake, Jokisch, Lopez, Rosscup, Schlitter, Straily, Vizcaino Added

It could be exciting to see Vizcaino finally unleashed at the big league level.

Bleacher Nation Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. Bleacher Nation is a private media site, and it is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago Cubs. Neither MLB nor the Chicago Cubs have endorsed, supported, directed, or participated in the creation of the content at this site, or in the creation of the site itself. It's just a media site that happens to cover the Chicago Cubs.

Bleacher Nation is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Google+