MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:02 AM

My favorite this week is Brewery Vivant Triomphe, out of Grand Rapids, MI, a refreshing Belgium Style IPA. It blends the hoppiness of an IPA with the smooth and citrus of a Belgium Ale. It has also completely redirected my thinking about the merits of craft canned beer. Check out their website http://www.breweryvivant.com/ and the BeerAdvocate page to learn more.

Posted Image

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#3 dreese

dreese

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationDekalb/Arlington Heights

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:50 PM

That sounds great! I just turned 21 in February so I have much to learn. I like anything other than the crappy college beer we get every weekend.

FYI my favorite cheap beer is either Coors light, Budweiser or Bud light

#4 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

That sounds great! I just turned 21 in February so I have much to learn. I like anything other than the crappy college beer we get every weekend.

Never forget this, dreese: the crappy beer I had in college was the best beer I ever had.

#5 Lokanna

Lokanna

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

Never forget this, dreese: the crappy beer I had in college was the best beer I ever had.

Best beer because of the memories (or lack there of?) or because of the quality? ;)

#6 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

In college, it's all about quantity over quality.

#7 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

In college, it's all about quantity over quality.

What he said.

#8 dreese

dreese

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:16 PM

Im going to tell my kids this one day. Also it is all about the quantity

#9 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

All this college talk makes me have to be honest here: I never liked beer until I had my first Guinness, it was like I woke up and realize that beer had real power. Before that I was more of a rotgut whino when I need to drink for cheap... of course that has alot to do with my love of Hemingway and Kerouac- they were whinos

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#10 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

I worked a catering event this weekend and was the bartender at a wedding, first time I tapped a keg in almost 8 years! I remember when I was in college a buddy and I carried a keg across a golf coarse, it was brutal, we had to go over a chain link fence that was I swear eight feet tall. Anyway I am drinking Yazoo (Nashville, TN) Sly Rye Porter very nice.

#11 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

I think you kids all drink too much.

#12 dreese

dreese

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:29 PM

It doesnt count if your in college!

#13 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

All this college talk makes me have to be honest here: I never liked beer until I had my first Guinness, it was like I woke up and realize that beer had real power. Before that I was more of a rotgut whino when I need to drink for cheap... of course that has alot to do with my love of Hemingway and Kerouac- they were whinos

My best Guiness Story,

I was in the Army and stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC going through the Special Forces Medical Coarse, anyway a buddy and I would go to Charlotte, NC almost every weekend to get away from "Joe" and stay with a friend that was a cop. We would drink Guiness until we were almost blind and then get a ride home. The next morning I was feeling pretty rough and went to take a crap (if you have drank enough Guiness you know what this is like). Well my buddy that lived there his girlfriend and 14 year old cat moved in that weekend. I was sitting on the crapper and this cat walks out of his cat box takes two steps and kills over!! I watched this play out in complete disbelief right at my feet. Well I had a decision, wipe or CPR. The cat puked on me then died. So I walk out of the bathroom and I said "Tracey, your cat, well........agh don't go in there!" It was all over but the crying

#14 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

That might be the best cat story I've ever heard.

#15 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:48 PM

My best Guiness Story,

I was in the Army and stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC going through the Special Forces Medical Coarse, anyway a buddy and I would go to Charlotte, NC almost every weekend to get away from "Joe" and stay with a friend that was a cop. We would drink Guiness until we were almost blind and then get a ride home. The next morning I was feeling pretty rough and went to take a crap (if you have drank enough Guiness you know what this is like). Well my buddy that lived there his girlfriend and 14 year old cat moved in that weekend. I was sitting on the crapper and this cat walks out of his cat box takes two steps and kills over!! I watched this play out in complete disbelief right at my feet. Well I had a decision, wipe or CPR. The cat puked on me then died. So I walk out of the bathroom and I said "Tracey, your cat, well........agh don't go in there!" It was all over but the crying

I would share my Guinness story or stories but I can never top that! Well done, I'm sure I'll tell your story the next time I share a Guinness with a few close friends.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).