#136 wvcubsfan

wvcubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

The amber ale on this list is what I've ordered for my party on Saturday.  http://www.hmbbrewin...beers-ales.html  Good day drinking beer.  The IPA is okay, but I think their description makes it sound much better than it really is (there's no crispness, no bite).

Come think of it, I suspect even Hansman would be okay with that amber ale.

And if you scroll down and see their "Session Beer" category, I recommend you stay the fuck away.  Awful, awful "flavored beer" crap with no redeeming high alcohol percentage. 

The chocolate porter looks promising.

#137 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

The amber ale on this list is what I've ordered for my party on Saturday.  http://www.hmbbrewin...beers-ales.html  Good day drinking beer.  The IPA is okay, but I think their description makes it sound much better than it really is (there's no crispness, no bite).

Come think of it, I suspect even Hansman would be okay with that amber ale.

And if you scroll down and see their "Session Beer" category, I recommend you stay the fuck away.  Awful, awful "flavored beer" crap with no redeeming high alcohol percentage. 

The chocolate porter looks promising.

I honestly couldn't finish it.  I'm not a huge porter fan anyway, but it was super grody.  Always possible that I had a bad/skunked batch, but IMO chocolate doesn't belong in a beer.

#138 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

I hit 1.000 yesterday with new beer. I tried two, and they were both scrumdiddlyumptious:

(1) Modus Hoperandi by Ska Brewing, an American IPA; and,

(2) Winter Cheers by Victory Brewing Company, a wheat ale with some serious bubble-gum notes. Different styles, but it tastes reminiscent of Delirium Tremens.

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#139 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

So damn good.  My favorite canned beer.  And it's not available (AFAIK) in CA.  I've only had it on return trips to Chicago.  It's brewed in Colorado, right?  Eastern distribution fuckers.

If there's anyone who feels like mailing me 5 or 6 cases of it, I want you to know that your efforts will not go unappreciated.

#140 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

It's brewed in Colorado, right?  Eastern distribution fuckers.

Yep. I remember when people would bring back numerous cases of Coors from a trip West because they didn't distribute east of the Mississippi River. That was years before I started drinking, but I remember it well.

I guess they're doing it backwards now.

My Ignore List:

#141 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:16 AM

It's brewed in Colorado, right?  Eastern distribution fuckers.

Yep. I remember when people would bring back numerous cases of Coors from a trip West because they didn't distribute east of the Mississippi River. That was years before I started drinking, but I remember it well.
I guess they're doing it backwards now.
As I said the Mississippi is a horrid beast we dare not cross with our wonderful brews, that River is thirsty and unforgiving. Crossing it also results in hippism.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#142 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

So damn good.  My favorite canned beer.  And it's not available (AFAIK) in CA.  I've only had it on return trips to Chicago.  It's brewed in Colorado, right?  Eastern distribution fuckers.

If there's anyone who feels like mailing me 5 or 6 cases of it, I want you to know that your efforts will not go unappreciated.

Appreciated as in a "return to sender" or appreciated as in a "Hey look, TWC said thank you on THE BOARD"?

#143 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

Crossing it also results in hippism.

Lies.  I lived on the far side of the Mississippi for a year and did not turn into a hippy.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go hug some trees that are growing in the back of my tie-dyed micro-bus while listening to eight-tracks of naked people playing guitars.

#144 miggy80

miggy80

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Twitter:@miggy8035
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

Crossing it also results in hippism.

Lies.  I lived on the far side of the Mississippi for a year and did not turn into a hippy.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go hug some trees that are growing in the back of my tie-dyed micro-bus while listening to eight-tracks of naked people playing guitars.

While playing CATAN!

You better Dance, you better live, you better love with a sweet romance. While you still have the chance, I think you better Dance.

#145 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

As some of you may know I have left Nashville for the Wilmington area of North Carolina.....well as it turns out I have met Sweet Josie here. "As strong willed as she is seductive, Sweet Josie will draw you in then bring you to your knees."  Oh.... Sweet Josie is an American Brown Ale also so bonus!! I am not sure she quite lived up to the above description but its pretty darn good and  brewed by Lonerider Brewing Conpany out of Raleigh, NC. Not bad at all. 

http://www.lonerider...rs/sweet-josie/

Also, I have found some Natty Green's Buckshot Amber Ale. I thought it was really good and worth checking out but these guys didn't quite agree.

http://www.ncbeerguy...ng-co-buckshot/

It was also on sale for $4.00 for a six pack!!!

#146 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

Bad Penny Brown Ale = Excellent!

http://beeradvocate....ile/15189/36382

#147 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

So I was pulled and forced to go to a Moose Lodge with family last night for drinks with the wife's family, and had to choose between Bud, Bud Light, Coors, Coors Light, or PBR. Now I made the decision years ago that when faced with American Piss Lager I'd choose PBR and so I say there and drank 8 PBR cans while the other members of the family have me a hard time for drinking PBR over Coors Light (which I guess is the best of all American beers). Then the "men" separated from the ladies to watch Hockey (I might be the only person in Michigan that knows nothing about Hockey (my knowledge is limited to what I learned playing NHL 93/94 on a Super Nintendo)) but then people starting talking about baseball and since they knew I know something about that so the discussion went to the Tigers off season moves and everyone was worried Miggy wouldn't have any "lineup protection" without Prince and the team would be missing his RBI... I but my tongue, trying to be a good family member. Then they starting talking about batting average and the triple crown, I chimed in saying AVG is a bad way to measure a hitter and that OBP & SLG is a better way (which they still didn't believe) then I made the mistake of talking about wOBA which resulted with this comment, "we're not talking about basketball" and when I mentioned WAR "we're not talking politics."

Yeah I missed BN yesterday, and my gut misses Founders.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#148 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Every time I read something like that I promise myself again that I'll find the time to write my intro to stats series.  And then I think about the scope and I realize I'm probably talking about writing a freakin' book, not an article series.

One of these days I'll get to it.

#149 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

Every time I read something like that I promise myself again that I'll find the time to write my intro to stats series.  And then I think about the scope and I realize I'm probably talking about writing a freakin' book, not an article series.

Leave it open-ended, then you can abandon the series whenever you get sick of it. At least for me, knowing that I can walk away from a project at any time makes it easier to start.

My Ignore List:

#150 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:03 AM

I'm confused what does this have to do with beer? Do you want to write a beer stats book, or did you mean Stout not Stat?

MichiganGoat on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).