Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:55 PM

All this college talk makes me have to be honest here: I never liked beer until I had my first Guinness, it was like I woke up and realize that beer had real power. Before that I was more of a rotgut whino when I need to drink for cheap... of course that has alot to do with my love of Hemingway and Kerouac- they were whinos

My best Guiness Story,

I was in the Army and stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC going through the Special Forces Medical Coarse, anyway a buddy and I would go to Charlotte, NC almost every weekend to get away from "Joe" and stay with a friend that was a cop. We would drink Guiness until we were almost blind and then get a ride home. The next morning I was feeling pretty rough and went to take a crap (if you have drank enough Guiness you know what this is like). Well my buddy that lived there his girlfriend and 14 year old cat moved in that weekend. I was sitting on the crapper and this cat walks out of his cat box takes two steps and kills over!! I watched this play out in complete disbelief right at my feet. Well I had a decision, wipe or CPR. The cat puked on me then died. So I walk out of the bathroom and I said "Tracey, your cat, well........agh don't go in there!" It was all over but the crying

I would share my Guinness story or stories but I can never top that! Well done, I'm sure I'll tell your story the next time I share a Guinness with a few close friends.

I don't even have words to describe the situation, I was sitting there with my chin in hand leaning on my knee...

#18 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:30 AM

Great story Ron!
Please don't feed the psychos.

#19 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:56 AM

That story made me sad. It made me chuckle, too, but it mostly made me sad.

#20 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:30 PM

Can't believe I found this DEAD CAT AMERICAN IPA!

http://kentuckybrewr...-belgian-yeast/

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#21 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

Ha, thanks MG that might not be to hard to find down here. I was thinking about this story last night and I forgot a small part. About a year after the incident my buddy married his girlfriend who owned the cat. For their wedding gift I gave them a stuffed animal that looked just like their cat with a note, Sorry I killed your cat, this one should be safe if I stay over again or something like that.

I will have to try to find that and let you know.....thank goodness we have an edit button, guess I should have read the link first. Since it is a home brew it may be harder to get than I thought. It was a great story though.

#22 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

Can't believe I found this DEAD CAT AMERICAN IPA!

http://kentuckybrewr...-belgian-yeast/

Heh. I'll admit that I, too, googled "Dead Cat IPA" after reading Ron's story.

#23 Dan0mite

Dan0mite

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Twitter:@stordl01
  • LocationFort Wayne, Indiana

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

So does anyone around here homebrew? I've been doing it for a couple of years now and really enjoy it. Unfortunately I can only do about two or three batches a year. I'm gonna do a cream ale next. My last batch was a citrus IPA that was pretty damn good.

#24 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:38 PM

So does anyone around here homebrew? I've been doing it for a couple of years now and really enjoy it. Unfortunately I can only do about two or three batches a year. I'm gonna do a cream ale next. My last batch was a citrus IPA that was pretty damn good.

I really want to but it's an issue of the startup cost, I have a few friends that do it regularly and it seems like more work than I want to put in, I just want to drink and I don't think I could make something that I would enjoy more than I could buyf, BUT if you need a Taster I'm always available.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#25 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

Ha, thanks MG that might not be to hard to find down here. I was thinking about this story last night and I forgot a small part. About a year after the incident my buddy married his girlfriend who owned the cat. For their wedding gift I gave them a stuffed animal that looked just like their cat with a note, Sorry I killed your cat, this one should be safe if I stay over again or something like that.

I will have to try to find that and let you know.....thank goodness we have an edit button, guess I should have read the link first. Since it is a home brew it may be harder to get than I thought. It was a great story though.

Damn the story just keeps getting better, and ya it's too bad it's a home brew and would be impossible to find, if it's even still made.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#26 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:56 PM

So William Shakespeare engaged Brett and me on twitter tonight over a quote concerning a cat

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#27 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

I think Ace is a bit pussy-whipped. Of the cat variety. Cat dudes. Weirdos.

Speaking of cat dudes: http://www.youtube.c.../30/D7ksnnTmRpI

[and, after multiple attempts, what the hell is the method for embedding the video?]

#28 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

So William Shakespeare engaged Brett and me on twitter tonight over a quote concerning a cat

You guys are going to force me to get a twitter account.

#29 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:31 PM

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT AND FOLLOW ME

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#30 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:14 PM

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT AND FOLLOW ME

I love it. MG starts up on Twitter and in a matter of days accumulates more followers than I have, tweets 300 or so times, and becomes a vocal advocate in the process. The dude is amazing.

But, yeah, Ron. Do it. You'll either be happy you did, or you'll forget all about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).