MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:32 PM

You guys are going to force me to get a twitter account.

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT AND FOLLOW ME

I love it. MG starts up on Twitter and in a matter of days accumulates more followers than I have, tweets 300 or so times, and becomes a vocal advocate in the process. The dude is amazing.

But, yeah, Ron. Do it. You'll either be happy you did, or you'll forget all about it.

Ah shucks, thanks TWC... the funny thing is I've gained five new "cat-enthusiast" followers from tonight's cat story tweets.

As for Twitter, I've been using it for a couple years in other capacities under different aliases, and really enjoy using it more than Facebook. It really is a great way to communicate your thoughts and share information, even if you don't tweet much it can be wonderful newspaper and if you are an iPad user the app Flipbook turns all the tweets you follow into a nice digital newspaper. I really enjoy the platform.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#32 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Twitter:@RonPSchwery
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:38 PM

You guys are going to force me to get a twitter account.

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT AND FOLLOW ME

I love it. MG starts up on Twitter and in a matter of days accumulates more followers than I have, tweets 300 or so times, and becomes a vocal advocate in the process. The dude is amazing.

But, yeah, Ron. Do it. You'll either be happy you did, or you'll forget all about it.

Ah shucks, thanks TWC... the funny thing is I've gained five new "cat-enthusiast" followers from tonight's cat story tweets.

As for Twitter, I've been using it for a couple years in other capacities under different aliases, and really enjoy using it more than Facebook. It really is a great way to communicate your thoughts and share information, even if you don't tweet much it can be wonderful newspaper and if you are an iPad user the app Flipbook turns all the tweets you follow into a nice digital newspaper. I really enjoy the platform.

This is already almost technology overload, I have a hard enough time keeping up with my two facebook pages. I just got a smart phone (crappy first series droid) a little over a year ago.

#33 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:43 PM

This is already almost technology overload, I have a hard enough time keeping up with my two facebook pages. I just got a smart phone (crappy first series droid) a little over a year ago.

Just get the Twitter App for your phone, it make Twitter very easy to folllow.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#34 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

Going off the reservation, drinking wine and champagne. It's my 5 year anniversary.

#35 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:06 PM

Going off the reservation, drinking wine and champagne. It's my 5 year anniversary.

Congrats, Ronaldo. Just don't let the missus know about your little "experimentation period" with the goat, and you've good for at least another five years.

#36 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:06 PM

A story from the not-good end of the beer spectrum. I once bought a 12-pack of Steel Reserve for a friend for his 20th birthday. I sent me a text a couple days later that just said, "I hate you." I warned him beforehand that it wasn't good stuff. Somehow he managed to drink the whole case.

#37 NL_Cubs

NL_Cubs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:NL_Cubs
  • LocationTransplanted Chicagoan Living in Virginia

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:51 AM

My favorite line of beers / brewery is Bell's Brewery out of Michigan. I was first introduced to their beer by chance when I happened to stumble across a bar that had Expedition Stout on tap. Man is that stuff fantastic. Fortunately I can get many of their expressions here in Virginia and have been exploring the Bell's line ever since.
"You gotta love baseball before you love the Cubs"

#38 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

My favorite line of beers / brewery is Bell's Brewery out of Michigan. I was first introduced to their beer by chance when I happened to stumble across a bar that had Expedition Stout on tap. Man is that stuff fantastic. Fortunately I can get many of their expressions here in Virginia and have been exploring the Bell's line ever since.

Thank you supporting our struggling economy, keep drinking Michigan beer! I'm lucky enough to be 30 min from Bells and visit their tap room frequently. Today I will drink my last Oberon and officially say goodbye to summer, and start enjoying all the fall brews that are being released. Look for Founders Brewery they might be in your area.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#39 NL_Cubs

NL_Cubs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:NL_Cubs
  • LocationTransplanted Chicagoan Living in Virginia

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

Founders is down here and was lucky to find some KBS during the last release. Founders is another awesome selection of brews!
"You gotta love baseball before you love the Cubs"

#40 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

*cough* *cough* Northern California beers *cough* *cough*

#41 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:40 AM

We'll have to get started on some beer trades, TWC

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#42 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:42 AM

Founders is down here and was lucky to find some KBS during the last release. Founders is another awesome selection of brews!

If you can find their "Breakfast Stout" enjoy... I'm having one right now. Yummy, yummy perfect with bacon, eggs, and taters on a holiday weekend.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#43 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:15 AM

Goat, I think you've started a movement. You hardly ever hear about this kind of stuff down here. http://www.sun-senti...0,2995089.story

#44 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

Goat, I think you've started a movement. You hardly ever hear about this kind of stuff down here. http://www.sun-senti...0,2995089.story

I saw that article and posted it on Twitter, I was shocked how few craft beers come out of Florida... I guess it all about Margaritas and such down there

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#45 Ron

Ron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

Am drinking two new brews today, 1554 an enlightened black ale made by the New Belgium Brewing Co. out of Ft Collins CO. and Abby Belgian Style Ale also by the New Belgium Brewing Co. I like the 1554 better today after being cooked in the sun working but both are good and don't think that you will be disappointed .http://www.newbelgiu...y/visit-us.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).