Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:34 AM

Another IU student here. Sun King has been my choice recently. Awesome combo with the mini-corn dogs at Yogi's

Ah Yogi's I lived right next door to them for a couple years... Is Mr. Copy still there?

Yes, Mr. Copy is still reproducing.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#77 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

Another IU student here. Sun King has been my choice recently. Awesome combo with the mini-corn dogs at Yogi's

Ah Yogi's I lived right next door to them for a couple years... Is Mr. Copy still there?

I worked there for 4 years... talk about a company living off of copyright infringement, those course notes are all kinds of illegal but every college campus has a mom/pop operation that strives off them. 

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#78 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:09 AM

I could only imagine.

I worked there for 4 years... talk about a company living off of copyright infringement, those course notes are all kinds of illegal but every college campus has a mom/pop operation that strives off them. 

I don't get to Yogi's very often. If for no other reason, there is very very little parking without a permit.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#79 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

Lots of IU students posting up in here.  You all must be drinking to cope with the football season 

#80 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:49 AM

Lots of IU students posting up in here.  You all must be drinking to cope with the football season 

Oh silly mitten... IU does not care about football, now next year basketball season we will have to start drinking, but football is really just an excuse to tailgate, it is never anything to get excited or disappointed about at IU.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#81 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

Oh silly mitten... IU does not care about football, now next year basketball season we will have to start drinking, but football is really just an excuse to tailgate, it is never anything to get excited or disappointed about at IU.

I don't know about next year. They seem to be reloading every year with new talent now.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#82 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

I don't know about next year. They seem to be reloading every year with new talent now.

lol

#83 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

So says the Purdue guy... Indiana's stepchild... soon we will hear about Big 10 championships but no mention of any banners that count ;)

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#84 willis

willis

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Twitter:@deadboltwillie
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

Or their hoops coach. I'd stay drunk having to deal with him.

#85 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

He bailed out the program.  It's easy to argue that anyone could have done it, but the fact is that he did.  He's got to get some credit for that.

#86 Jed Jam Band

Jed Jam Band

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:@DavidVocals91
  • LocationMunster, IN (Home)/Bloomington, IN (College)

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

He bailed out the program.  It's easy to argue that anyone could have done it, but the fact is that he did.  He's got to get some credit for that.

This.  He was a bit stubborn with rotations this season, as it may have been advantageous to bring Jordy off the bench for a myriad or reasons, but he is a damned fine recruiter and he has really brought the spark back to IU basketball.  That being said, there should be a beer named after Tom Crean.  How about "Crean and Crimson Cream Ale"?

#87 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:15 AM

Eh, Crean and Crimson is a bit played out. I would prefer just a Breakfast Crean Ale.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#88 Jed Jam Band

Jed Jam Band

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:@DavidVocals91
  • LocationMunster, IN (Home)/Bloomington, IN (College)

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Eh, Crean and Crimson is a bit played out. I would prefer just a Breakfast Crean Ale.

Fair enough.  What do you think would be the appropriate beer to celebrate a Garza trade?  Just putting it out there.  I personally think the return will be good, but FFF just amped up their production capabilities...and as such, there's no carryout ZD available.  Might head over to the pub for a few depending on return though.

#89 wvcubsfan

wvcubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Fair enough.  What do you think would be the appropriate beer to celebrate a Garza trade?  Just putting it out there.  I personally think the return will be good, but FFF just amped up their production capabilities...and as such, there's no carryout ZD available.  Might head over to the pub for a few depending on return though.

Falstaff

#90 willis

willis

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Twitter:@deadboltwillie
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

Roger that, I just auto hate him because I am a Butler Alum and huge college hoops fan. The Butler-IU rivalry is fun. It's not a huge one, but with both programs history and success, it's always a good battle when they meet.

Crean just makes my skin crawl. But part of that is him, the other part is simply the fact he's the IU coach. Either way, yes, he reenergized the base and has the program winning some again. Saying that he had the most talented team in the land last year and had quite the stumbles. Good recruiter...sure. But his in game coaching and preparation would make me lose my shit if I was an IU fan/alum.

We just lost our superstar coach and have to pick up the pieces. Should be interesting to see where BU goes from here. Too bad we don't meet again this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).