#91 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

Had a draft 2XIPA by Southern Tier Brewing Company tonight. Add it to your "wants", IPA lovers. It's a tasty beverage.

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#92 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

Had a draft 2XIPA by Southern Tier Brewing Company tonight. Add it to your "wants", IPA lovers. It's a tasty beverage.

That is a tasty brew

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#93 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

Racer 5.  I've always been sliiiiiightly disappointed in this brew, but tonight it's hitting the spot.  Been a long day.

#94 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:40 AM

Racer 5.  I've always been sliiiiiightly disappointed in this brew, but tonight it's hitting the spot.  Been a long day.

Never really been a fan and Dale's is another popular one that I'm not as crazy about. Both are easy to drink but I've never thought they lived up to the hype.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#95 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

Lots of IU students posting up in here.  You all must be drinking to cope with the football season

Or their hoops coach. I'd stay drunk having to deal with him.

He bailed out the program.  It's easy to argue that anyone could have done it, but the fact is that he did.  He's got to get some credit for that.

Roger that, I just auto hate him because I am a Butler Alum and huge college hoops fan. The Butler-IU rivalry is fun. It's not a huge one, but with both programs history and success, it's always a good battle when they meet.

Crean just makes my skin crawl. But part of that is him, the other part is simply the fact he's the IU coach. Either way, yes, he reenergized the base and has the program winning some again. Saying that he had the most talented team in the land last year and had quite the stumbles. Good recruiter...sure. But his in game coaching and preparation would make me lose my shit if I was an IU fan/alum.

We just lost our superstar coach and have to pick up the pieces. Should be interesting to see where BU goes from here. Too bad we don't meet again this year.

I can't argue with much of that.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#96 willis

willis

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Twitter:@deadboltwillie
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

Do any of you yankee folk get Abita in brew houses or in beer stores up north? They have a few different kinds, Andy Gator and Amber being my favorites.

#97 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

Do any of you yankee folk get Abita in brew houses or in beer stores up north? They have a few different kinds, Andy Gator and Amber being my favorites.

I get some Abita but when I was in NOLA a few years ago I enjoye Andy Gator but nothing I've had recently really blows me away. Before I moved to Michigan I'm sure my feelings about Abita was higher but my expectations have skyrocketed in the last few years.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#98 willis

willis

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

I get some Abita but when I was in NOLA a few years ago I enjoye Andy Gator but nothing I've had recently really blows me away. Before I moved to Michigan I'm sure my feelings about Abita was higher but my expectations have skyrocketed in the last few years.

Yeah it's nothing spectacular but most are pretty good. They had a promotion for a summer hefe with a lemon hint to it the other day at a Bar here called Bayou. They were selling them for $2 so needless to say we had plenty. Very good refreshing beer. I think it's only seasonal though.

#99 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

Purple Haze and Turbodog are both pretty good

#100 wvcubsfan

wvcubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

Abita Strawberry is probably the best beer they brew in my opinion.  That's not to say that I haven't, upon multiple occasions, concumed large quantities of the other brews as well.

#101 willis

willis

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

Abita Strawberry is probably the best beer they brew in my opinion.  That's not to say that I haven't, upon multiple occasions, concumed large quantities of the other brews as well.

Oh yeah, it's kind of hard to find, at least here, at times. And no bars really carry it. But man a 6 pack of that is a tremendous get.

#102 wvcubsfan

wvcubsfan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationLittle Rock, AR

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

I've had the displeasure of having to visit Fort Polk quite a bit over the past couple of years sinse we have a number of projects going on there.  Because of that I've frequented several of the stores with larger beer selections and if I'm ever talking with an employee I ask them when they plan of getting seasonal shipments from Abita and Covington.  If one of my trips cooresponds with either the Abita Stawberry or the Convington Southern Pecan being delivered I make sure to pick up a couple of cases to take home with me.

I'll let you know next time I happen to run across some.

#103 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

Abita is widely available in Chicago. Every street festival seems to have a beer truck with at least one Abita pull.

My Ignore List:

#104 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Upland is coming to Chicago:

http://www.rivernort...ventDetails/395

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#105 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Upland is coming to Chicago:

http://www.rivernort...ventDetails/395

Damn. Estaré ocupado. From the write-up, I bet they're bringing one or more lambics.

My Ignore List:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).