Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

Castro is worth more than any of this...he is a proven MLB hitter at 22...

no thanks

#17 FFP

FFP

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationWorcester County, Massachusetts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

What a great way to get us into some new names. (They were ALL new to me.) We'll be contending for a title against some of these guys (and maybe rooting for one or two) Thanks, Luke.

Seems hardest to compare values of pitchers with position players--especially with prospects (they must pan out at different rates and pitchers can have such acute impacts( Toronto has a lot of pitchers in the top, no?).

How many great good successful major league closers were closers throughout their minor league development (or in college like Klein)? It seems like many effective closers moved to that role after (or during) their establishment as a full time cast member in the show.

I won't make a choice (other than to note that Baltimore's 10 is more than Toronto's 8 and every one of them is a roll of the dice, so more rolls is better).
My biggest hold up is that I still am working out Castro's value. I see him as more valuable than a similar player who fields brilliantly but is still learning to hit (hello, Iglesias) because I understand fielding to be more learnable than hitting. But I am still unsure how teachable Castro is.

#18 Pat G

Pat G

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

Garza and Demp package to atlanta for Teheran, Minor and Delgado?

LaHair to Cleveland for 3B Chisenhall?

#19 chirogerg1

chirogerg1

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

Detroit Gets Garza, Barney, Bridgewell
Baltimore gets Delmon Young, Soriano + Cash
Cubs get Schoop, Turner, Castellanos

call me silly, but this might actually work for all three teams

#20 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

You are silly.
;)
Please don't feed the psychos.

#21 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

As rare as 3 team trades are, they need to work for all 3 teams. In this case, Baltimore gets screwed mightily. They're giving up their #3 and #7 prospects for a few months of Delmon Young and Alfonso Soriano, who's going to be 37 this time next year and likely to have offseason knee surgery.

This being said, I do think that Soriano would be a good fit for Baltimore, and wonder if we were to pick up around 95% of his salary we'd be able to get Matusz, Hunter, or Britton, each of whom are the types of one time top prospects who's teams are ready to give up on but are too young to just cut that Epstein seems to love, as well as a low level, high ceiling arm or fringe prospect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).