#1 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

I've been scouring the 'net, trying to find the latest word on Jorge, but there just isn't much out there. Reading between the lines, I get the impression that it is now a "done deal," with the only detail remaining being the press conference. It appears that the latest update, which mentions it now be another 48-72 hours before The Announcement, may hinge upon how long it takes for Jorge to reach the location of the press conference.

I am trying to refrain from getting my hopes up for what will probably be yet another disappointment, but in almost every article, the Cubs are mentioned as being thought of as the favorite. That's probably what "they" want us to think, so when the announcement is made, it will be more exciting. If I were to bet, I would place my chips on the table in front of the evil empire logo - the one with the NY.

Hopefully the news will come sooner than later...

#2 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:10 AM

We don't know WHERE Soler is, but we DO know what organization he will be playing in! OH YEAH!!!

#3 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

Now that Soler is in the Cubs organization, I'm anxiously awaiting his team assignment and hoping for it to be Peoria (and hoping that it comes soon)!

The Peoria Chiefs come to town (South Bend) to play our Silverhawks 7/21 thru 7/23 and am hoping to see Jorge playing in person.

#4 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

He hasn't played in a long time... he's gonna be in extended spring training for a minute until he gets his timing back. Might not see him until the Arizona Fall League/Winterball.

#5 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

The Cubs will probably get him in a league somewhere, but it may only be for ten games or so. It just depends on how rusty and out of shape he is.

#6 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

I watched Soler take batting practice again (yesterday) at Hohokam. OK... this guy is huge. And he puts on a show. Big time power. Awesome to watch. Fast, but a little loopy swing. Can't wait to see how he looks against pro pitching and what kind of approach he has.

In case anyone is wondering -- the guy has an engaging personality. He gets along great with all the other players.

#7 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

The Cubs will probably get him in a league somewhere, but it may only be for ten games or so. It just depends on how rusty and out of shape he is.

So we are looking at a mid-August assignment? That's too bad, as it would seem like it'd be in MY best interest if he were to be a Peoria Chief by the 20th! [sad smile]

At least I will have a chance to see Javier Baez, Pin-Chieh Chen or maybe Zach Cates in action....

Edited by BlueHorizons, 11 July 2012 - 07:37 AM.

#8 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

Some reports coming out of AZ seem to suggest that Soler is in pretty good shape right now. If that is the case, and if he doesn't look lost against breaking pitches, he could be in Peoria sooner than I originally expected.

Of course, if he looks too good, he may skip Peoria altogether and head to Daytona.

#9 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

Keith Law placed Soler at #50 and says he should be making his debut next week!

#10 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

So... making his debut where? Peoria? Daytona?

#11 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

Well, he was still in Mesa this weekend, so if he plays this week, I would guess Arizona. At least for a few games.

#12 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

So... making his debut where? Peoria? Daytona?

Arizona.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).