cjdubbya

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:@cjdubbya

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

Hey all Columbus (OH)-area BN'ers:

Sounds like there's a Soler Signing Party on tap for Sunday night at BBR on Vine Street (downtown in the Arena District - still fairly new to town, never been there but looks pretty cool). Also, my birthday's on Monday (33, so I guess this would be my Andy Pafko year? Glendon Rusch? Seriously, the pickings for Cubs that have worn 33 are fairly slim), so there's that as well.

Game is BoSox-Cubs, Theo's past vs Theo's present. First pitch is 8pm ET, I'll probably get there around 7-7:30 (my wife's on call, I'll have worked all day and will be ready for a drink). Any and all in the 21 & over set are welcome. Looking forward to (hopefully) meeting a bunch of you!

#2 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

Still hoping to make it (I'll call it 80%). As long as nothing unexpected comes up, I'll be there.

#3 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

If the party gets really hot and can sustain itself for a coupla weeks, I'll be northeast of Cincinnati in early July. I know (according to my friend Aroldis Chapman) that it takes mere minutes to get from Cincy to Columbus. See y'all on the 7th!

Also, my birthday's on Monday (33, so I guess this would be my Andy Pafko year? Glendon Rusch? Seriously, the pickings for Cubs that have worn 33 are fairly slim), so there's that as well.

I considered my 33rd year my "Jesus Year". The long hair helps.

#4 cjdubbya

cjdubbya

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:@cjdubbya

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

It's Bleacher Nation. It's the party that never stops. And you're right, you can make that drive in about 45 minutes. Forty-three on a good day, and if you're rich enough (see Chapman, Aroldis) to buy a sports car.

I thought about that, but as a card-carrying member of the Uncle Fester/Billy Corgan/Telly Savalas Hair Club For Bald Men, I just can't quite pull that off.

#5 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

as a card-carrying member of the Uncle Fester/Billy Corgan/Telly Savalas Hair Club For Bald Men, I just can't quite pull that off.

Next time I do some pruning for Locks of Love, I'll send to to Columbus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).