Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

Tigers v. Cubs - June 12, 2012 (TV: CSN)

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#136 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

CUBS WIN! AND BY 1 RUN! WOOOOOO I can now drink in celebration rather than desperation (yes Brett you can use that).

#137 justinjabs

justinjabs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Twitter:justinjabs
  • LocationMilwaukee

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

What did Barney just say about Soriano?

Posted Image

"With Reed we will succeed."
Twitter -- Blog

#138 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

"We dont have a bunch of Soriano's in the lineup" -Darwin Barney (Thank fucking god for that)

Edit: He was replying to a question about manufacturing runs

#139 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

"We dont have a bunch of Soriano's in the lineup" -Darwin Barney (Thank fucking god for that)

Not a Sorri fan?

#140 justinjabs

justinjabs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Twitter:justinjabs
  • LocationMilwaukee

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Ohhh. I think I get it now. At first I thought he was shitting on Soriano, as in, not running stuff out. But I think it was a Soriano compliment.

Posted Image

"With Reed we will succeed."
Twitter -- Blog

#141 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

Ohhh. I think I get it now. At first I thought he was shitting on Soriano, as in, not running stuff out. But I think it was a Soriano compliment.

It was a compliment but can you imagine if we had a lineup filled with guys being paid Soriano's money but performing at his rate (say last years rate, he has been doing a lot better this year)

#142 Diesel

Diesel

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

Oh my, I think we just got our two calls back now. For God's sake though, somebody institute instant replay.

And the dh in the nl. Go ahead I am ready for the shit I'll get for that comment.

I think they need to remove the DH from the AL. The game is far more skill oriented on the manager without it. I also like the whole managerial standpoint of the game and less so HR's.

They aren't going to remove the DH from the AL.

#143 Diesel

Diesel

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

Oh my, I think we just got our two calls back now. For God's sake though, somebody institute instant replay.

And the dh in the nl. Go ahead I am ready for the shit I'll get for that comment.

Honestly as much as I hate the idea of the DH. The rules need to be one across the league. There is just too much of an advantage to AL teams when signing free agents since they can get away with tacking more years on to a contract more easily. (See Soriano, Alfonso)

I agree with this comment. Plus I am tired of every damn time a pitcher comes up to bat with a runner on and less than two outs it is immediately a sac bunt attempt. If you are playing for one run and call for it is one thing but to do it because it is a pitcher is absurd. This has become so routine that the first and third basemen have begun rushing in as soon as the pitcher begins and we have begun to see a lot more people thrown out at 2nd because the defender got to the ball so much more quickly due to knowing they were going to attempt the sac bunt. Throw in that none of our pitchers can get one down and it is just a waste of two or more at bats throughout a game. There is no strategy in that other than just trying to keep out of the double play.

#144 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

There is strategy in deciding to bring in a PH or leave in a pitcher who is dominating. That is the strategy, not if you bunt with your pitcher or not.

#145 Diesel

Diesel

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:49 AM

So we are in agreement that bunting with the pitcher is not strategy. Good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).