Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

Tigers v. Cubs - June 12, 2012 (TV: CSN)

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#16 BG2383

BG2383

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, AL

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

I don't mind keeping LaHair. That being said if the right deal comes along I think you jump on it. There are lots of buyers and not many sellers. This could be a great year to get some overpays

#17 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

Fielder looks even fatter this year. Any numbers out there on this?

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#18 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

I don't mind keeping LaHair. That being said if the right deal comes along I think you jump on it. There are lots of buyers and not many sellers. This could be a great year to get some overpays

All you can do is sit back and see what kind of interest he draws.

#19 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

Maholm at 31. 11-20

#20 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Music I'd like to see live:

1. every other band
2. Roger Waters (Seen him. It sucked.)
3. Brad Paisley

My Ignore List:

#21 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

I am firmly in the Don't Trade Lahair camp.

What does this organization want out of a cheap, left-handed hitter under team control for several years? I don't get it. He's a gift. Take it and run.

The reason you consider trading him is because of the theoretical possibility that you could acquire, for example, a 23-year-old pitcher (position of need and more appropriate age window) whom the front office projects to be as valuable as LaHair.

So, you lose no talent or financial benefit, but you gain a position of need and a better age window.

#22 BG2383

BG2383

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, AL

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

What is his defensive ability in LF? I can't remember whether he looked comfortable out there

#23 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

What is his defensive ability in LF? I can't remember whether he looked comfortable out there

Unless he's being waterboarded, he's got to look more comfortable than Sori.

My Ignore List:

#24 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

Didn't look too bad last year when he played.

#25 AR_aces23

AR_aces23

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Twitter:Ar_aces23

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

I will sacrifice a Scherzer suck fest for a meaningless Cub win, not as if I'm a threat in the BNFL anyhow...

#26 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

Wow having baserunners seems to do miracles to how bearable a game is to watch.

#27 BG2383

BG2383

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, AL

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

The alcohol is probably helping you out as well

#28 J.F.Edwards

J.F.Edwards

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Twitter:JoshuaEdwards3@twitter.com
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

What does this organization want out of a cheap, left-handed hitter under team control for several years? I don't get it. He's a gift. Take it and run.

The reason you consider trading him is because of the theoretical possibility that you could acquire, for example, a 23-year-old pitcher (position of need and more appropriate age window) whom the front office projects to be as valuable as LaHair.

So, you lose no talent or financial benefit, but you gain a position of need and a better age window.

Sure. But for the sake of argument, in all of baseball, how many lefty bats can do what he does, and potentially play a corner OF spot? He's not just a DH. I think the scarcity of that kind of hitter: power guy who takes walks, selectively aggressive, and left-handed, makes him more valuable than the kind of pitcher they could get for him.

I could be wrong. But I think a Lahair trade involves an overpay. And I value his abilities highly, so that's gotta be a pretty good young pitcher (say, better than Cashner) for me to pull the trigger.
"You may run like Mayes but you hit like shit."

#29 J.F.Edwards

J.F.Edwards

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Twitter:JoshuaEdwards3@twitter.com
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

Sure. But for the sake of argument, in all of baseball, how many lefty bats can do what he does, and potentially play a corner OF spot? He's not just a DH. I think the scarcity of that kind of hitter: power guy who takes walks, selectively aggressive, and left-handed, makes him more valuable than the kind of pitcher they could get for him.

I could be wrong. But I think a Lahair trade involves an overpay. And I value his abilities highly, so that's gotta be a pretty good young pitcher (say, better than Cashner) for me to pull the trigger.

To be clear, I agree with you: CONSIDER trading him. Sure. But what would you take for him? And is anyone going to offer that much? Hard to imagine they make a profit on that return: he's a pretty good hitter.
"You may run like Mayes but you hit like shit."

#30 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

Scherzer 42. 20-22

Nothing like two walks to get the pitch count up. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).