Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

Tigers v. Cubs - June 12, 2012 (TV: CSN)

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#106 Diesel

Diesel

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

All I have to say is thank the wind for blowing in. If not we would have given up about 6 homeruns by now.

#107 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

All I have to say is thank the wind for blowing in. If not we would have given up about 6 homeruns by now.

Yea but I think Maholm especially knows how to pitch when the wind is blowing in (I remember him doing it early in the year as well). Might as well see how far they can ride it and some days it just wont be enough.

#108 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

Yea but I think Maholm especially knows how to pitch when the wind is blowing in (I remember him doing it early in the year as well). Might as well see how far they can ride it and some days it just wont be enough.

Maholm never would have made it this far he was at 88 when they took him out.

#109 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

I am not saying to have left Maholm in the game but we were talking about the near HR's. I was saying somedays you just give batters their pitch because they cant get it out past the wind and it becomes an out.

#110 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

Ha ha. Suck it, Tigers. Fuck you, too, Tommy Lasorda.

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#111 justinjabs

justinjabs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Twitter:justinjabs
  • LocationMilwaukee

Wow! What a time to tune in!!

Posted Image

"With Reed we will succeed."
Twitter -- Blog

#112 Diesel

Diesel

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Would have been fewer pitches had the 2nd base ump hadn't missed a call and the home plate ump hadn't been squeezing Maholm.

#113 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

Good call by the umpire there. On a really close play you always give it to the runner, in addition to an errant throw makes you more likely to award it to the runner unless you are absolutely positive the runner is out.

#114 Mr. P

Mr. P

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Twitter:@MikePresley31

Terribad umps taketh away but also giveth. Nice to see that they missed one in our favor there. Fuck the neighborhood play by the way.

#115 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

I am not saying to have left Maholm in the game but we were talking about the near HR's. I was saying somedays you just give batters their pitch because they cant get it out past the wind and it becomes an out.

Haven't seen a flag shot the whole game. Wind cant be blowing too hard.

#116 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

So help me god if Castro strikes out here!

#117 justinjabs

justinjabs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Twitter:justinjabs
  • LocationMilwaukee

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

Fielder falls right on his face and the Cubs get the lead!

Posted Image

"With Reed we will succeed."
Twitter -- Blog

#118 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

Haven't seen a flag shot the whole game. Wind cant be blowing too hard.

It is blowing in at a decent clip, not too hard but definately hard enough to save a couple

#119 Internet Random

Internet Random

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

Also, you get the benefit of the doubt when the other dude is a fat sack of shit.

My Ignore List:
Crockett, mountsalami, sans

#120 Brady

Brady

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

WOW now that was a blown call! That ump must be BLIND! Great stretch by Fielder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).