#1 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

Turns out having 6 players on your DL makes your team pretty bad. I'm gonna need a late season playoff push.

#2 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

Turns out having 6 players on your DL makes your team pretty bad. I'm gonna need a late season playoff push.

I know the feeling. I was rolling for awhile, and then the DL happened. Bay, Ramos, Weaver, Morrow...
If all my bats come back healthy and productive, I get one of my two main pitchers back, Bauer and/or Teheran become productive parts of a rotation, and Minor stops turning up the suck, I think I can hang around enough to sneak into the playoffs.

Instead of that, more than likely Granderson will get hit by a piece of falling space debris and Barry Zito will wake up one morning and suddenly remember he is Barry Zito.

#3 Diesel

Diesel

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:00 AM

I know the feeling. I was rolling for awhile, and then the DL happened. Bay, Ramos, Weaver, Morrow...
If all my bats come back healthy and productive, I get one of my two main pitchers back, Bauer and/or Teheran become productive parts of a rotation, and Minor stops turning up the suck, I think I can hang around enough to sneak into the playoffs.

Instead of that, more than likely Granderson will get hit by a piece of falling space debris and Barry Zito will wake up one morning and suddenly remember he is Barry Zito.

Which do you consider the real Barry Zito? The sf or the Oakland version? If he turns back in the sf version you're screwed. If he turns to the Oakland version then you have a dominant pitcher who occasionally will throw a curveball to the fans behind home plate.

#4 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

Well I'm screwed it looks like King Felix has serious problems.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#5 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

I'm pretty happy with how my team's gotten along without Kemp the last month. But with this league, all it takes is one injury to take your position of strength and turn it into a, "Holy shit, I'm starting that guy?"

#6 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

I lost last week again because if the last game on the last day. I'm the Cubs bullpen. At least Bumgarner got me some points last night. Do we get points in your SP hits a HR? I need to check that out.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#7 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

Time to join the "burnt out aces club". Lincecum, Halladay, King Felix, Weaver, all three of the Cards top pitchers either injured or sucking. There is a bug going around.

#8 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

Time to join the "burnt out aces club". Lincecum, Halladay, King Felix, Weaver, all three of the Cards top pitchers either injured or sucking. There is a bugi going around.

Add cc to that list

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).