Recent Topics

Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

Tigers v. Cubs - June 14, 2012 (TV: CSN)

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#31 J.F.Edwards

J.F.Edwards

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Twitter:JoshuaEdwards3@twitter.com
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

Eeesh. Ol' Slump-Proof looked overmatched there.
"You may run like Mayes but you hit like shit."

#32 Still Love the Cubs

Still Love the Cubs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

I don't honestly see why an AL team would NOT want Soriano at this point. This hot streak has lasted more than his typical 2 weeks. He is going on a month and a half now and he looks like his approach is more consistent now than I can ever remember it.

He is going somehwere and I think we'll be surprised how much money we don't have to eat on it too. We'll eat some but not all IMO. If we do eat it all, we should get something pretty good back for him.

Keep it up Sori

#33 J.F.Edwards

J.F.Edwards

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

WTG Barney!

#34 soundCARDen

soundCARDen

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Twitter:Pile_of_DERP
  • LocationChicago

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

I really don't want to start liking Darwin Barney, but he's leaving me little option.

#35 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

Barney's bat still hot. 2 weeks now?

#36 Still Love the Cubs

Still Love the Cubs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

What is it with the Cubs taking on Halladay and Verlander and sucking against everyone else?

#37 J.F.Edwards

J.F.Edwards

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

I don't honestly see why an AL team would NOT want Soriano at this point. This hot streak has lasted more than his typical 2 weeks. He is going on a month and a half now and he looks like his approach is more consistent now than I can ever remember it.

He is going somehwere and I think we'll be surprised how much money we don't have to eat on it too. We'll eat some but not all IMO. If we do eat it all, we should get something pretty good back for him.

Keep it up Sori

Agreed. I think he's showing what he's still capable of and the league has figured that out.

I also think AL teams like the idea that his knees stay fresh from DH'ing, potentially helping his offense even more. Sure, he can be an OF replacement in a pinch (still has a good arm), but I don't think any of his suitors care much about his defense. The fact that he's not a liability, despite bad knees, puts him in a class above some of the starting OFers for AL clubs.

But they just want his bat, and it's been a good one.

#38 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Verlander made to work in the second. At 32

#39 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

Keep it up Sori

The lighter bat has done wonders! That was SVUEM that made that suggestion, too... (not Jaramillo, the EX highest paid batting coach)

#40 Mr. P

Mr. P

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Twitter:@MikePresley31

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

Barney's overall numbers are very comparable to Castro's this year (minus batting average of course). Yeah yeah, small sample size. The extra muscle has helped him. He is a great defender too. I just don't get why he gets so much shit from people.

#41 Still Love the Cubs

Still Love the Cubs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

Barney's overall numbers are very comparable to Castro's this year (minus batting average of course). Yeah yeah, small sample size. The extra muscle has helped him. He is a great defender too. I just don't get why he gets so much shit from people.

I like the idea of throwing him in with Garza or Demp to sweeten the pot. I don't think he is the future and he is hot right now. Get the best return by using him as the controllable player in one of those deals and you are talking a MUCH better return IMO.

#42 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

I'm also stuck "watching" the game via the 'net at work (ESPN Gamecast is my only option; MLB Gameday is blocked)....

Just checked and it's a tie game! WHOA! A nice surprise indeed! Of course, gotta keep from getting any hopes up at this point (or ANY point)....

#43 Still Love the Cubs

Still Love the Cubs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Oh yeah, and that Barney double? It was on a 97 mph fastball that he PULLED!! That is some good work by a guy that often looks overmatched and hits most FBs to the right side.

#44 soundCARDen

soundCARDen

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Twitter:Pile_of_DERP
  • LocationChicago

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

I know this isn't much, but Travis Wood >>>> Chris Volstad by a LOT.

#45 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

Wood seems to like pitching with a runner on. three lead off runners.

Good inning Wood 7 pitches at 47.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).