#1 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

If you didn't hear the exchange between Jim Rome and David Stern on Rome's show, you ought to read the transcript of it, in the article linked below;
http://sports.yahoo....22756--nba.html

I never really cared for the guy, but my opinion of him is even lower, now.

#2 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

He's barely above the Emperor on my list of most hated commissioners. Roger Goodell seems to have caught the power trip ego bug too, he's starting to make decisions based on his personal tastes as well.

#3 Beer Baron

Beer Baron

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

While Stern is indeed an arrogant douche, he's getting a bad rap here. The 'are you still beating your wife' is a textbook example of a loaded question where no matter what you say you sound bad. So he was asked a loaded question about fixing the draft, and rather than providing an actual answer, he got defensive. But its more like using a figure of speech and than a dig on Rome (who by the way, is even more douchey than Stern).

#4 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

You know, I never took the rigged draft stuff as more than conspiracy nonsense until Stern reacted that way. Rome's question was not loaded. He did not ask if the draft was still rigged or anything of that nature; he just asked if the fix was in. A simple "No" in any of its variations does not incriminate anyone.

So why would Stern freak out and attack the questioner? Is he really so sheltered he does not know the idea is out there? Or that it is nothing new, but dates back to the Patrick Ewing draft, at least?

Or was he too defensive because the fix was, in fact, in?

Now I'm actually wondering if there isn't something to the conspiracy theory.

#5 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

All of that stuff was a fun time, but I really would have liked Rome to push him a little on the flopping thing. It's killing basketball for me. Soccer is absolutely unwatchable because of it and the NBA, certain players especially (I'm looking at you everytime you miss/make a shot Dwayne Wade), are making it harder and harder to respect them or the game anymore.

It makes it more difficult for the refs to call a good game, and some of them already struggle with doing that in the first place (the Crawfords, Palmer, Salvatore, etc...)
- die hard fanclub member #001

#6 Njriv

Njriv

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/nowahhh
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/nowah25
  • LocationGlendale Heights, Illinois

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

I hate Jim Rome.

#7 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

(I'm looking at you everytime you miss/make a shot Dwayne Wade),

I absolutely loathe how he slides himself across the floor like he was launched every time he goes down. I used to really like DWade, but he gets more under my skin the more I watch him now.

#8 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

(I'm looking at you everytime you miss/make a shot Dwayne Wade),

I absolutely loathe how he slides himself across the floor like he was launched every time he goes down. I used to really like DWade, but he gets more under my skin the more I watch him now.

Me too. I still have a ton of respect for Wade as far as being a great player, but the way he jumps into defenders, near the perimeter after a shot fake especially, and then falls backwards on his ass while sliding across the floor after barely making contact has really made it frustrating to watch him. And if he doesn't get the call, he immediatley puts on the sad panda face and starts complaining. Every god damn time. I don't think I've seen him take a shot near the paint in the last few years without seeing him turn to the refs begging for a foul call. And Lebron has been just as bad. I'll give James credit though, I don't think I saw him complain once in game 2, it was both shocking and refreshing to see. Not as shocking as seeing him actually make those two free throws late in the 4th though. And certainly not as shocking as that missed foul call on him that should have sent Durant to the line to tie the game.

OKC in 6
- die hard fanclub member #001

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).