4 replies to this topic

#1 NathanDonald13

NathanDonald13

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

With all the Castro trade talks the last couple weeks, what is the likelyhood a team puts together a package for him and has the prospects to do so?
The teams that seem most likely are Giants,Nationals,D-Backs,Red Sox,Blue Jays

#2 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

There was a very insightful, smart and informative piece posted on this board a couple of days ago about the possibility of Castro being traded. I believe there is virtually no chance of it happening..

#3 Dumpgobbler

Dumpgobbler

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

Starlin has enormous talent. His hit tool is elite. He is 22 with power most likely comming after he fills out some. Hes improving defensively. His approach needs to improve, and probably will naturally as he gains more power, and pitchers have to gameplan around that power. All that said hes not a traditional Theo player. He does need more work defensively, and he needs to slug and walk more, period. Its fun to think about because he is only 22.

I think Boston, Arizona, Seattle, LA Dodgers, Baltimore could be involved, but who knows really. Castro is the type of player a bunch of teams could jump at. It woud take a ton to move him. Think Bundy and Machado from Baltimore, Barnes, Bogaerts and Ranaudo for the Sox, Skaggs and Bauer from the Diamondbacks. Those are the type of dealsd we'd needs to move Castro. I really doubt he gets moved.

#4 Hector Villanueva

Hector Villanueva

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

Castro will not be traded. Move on

#5 JCubs79

JCubs79

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Twitter:clarkj79
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

He's 22, 5 years from his prime. He has time to develop and refine his approach. He's made tremendous strides defensively at SS and has convinced me of his ability to stick there. Trading him for unproven prospects would be asinine. This negativity toward Castro needs to stop. He's a good kid and we should be supporting him instead of discussing trading him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).