Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

Right now, the 24 team BNFL is full, and I think there may be a short waiting list for open slots next season.

So let me throw something on the table for current and future BNFL players... what about dividing the league? Instead of having one 24 team mega-league, maybe we should consider splitting into two 16 or 20 team leagues... if we can get enough owners.

#3 FiveFifty550

FiveFifty550

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Twitter:@FiveFifty550
  • LocationChampaign, Illinois

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

I would be all for it! I'd be very interested in getting in on the league. Please keep me posted with any openings and/or developments!

#4 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

Right now, the 24 team BNFL is full, and I think there may be a short waiting list for open slots next season.

So let me throw something on the table for current and future BNFL players... what about dividing the league? Instead of having one 24 team mega-league, maybe we should consider splitting into two 16 or 20 team leagues... if we can get enough owners.

Wouldn't that be a bit difficult with the keepers?
Are you talking about next year or at the All-Star break?

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#5 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

I don't like it. I like the league we have and all of us have started building up keepers and draft picks. I'm all for new players getting in on the fun, but I really like the league that we have. I wouldn't mind helping out with recruiting for a second league if there are more interested. I just don't want to split up the current league.

#6 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

I am, like, 200% against dividing the current league in any way. However, I do have a couple of ideas/solutions:

For next season, priority is of course given to any of the current 24 team owners if they wish to play for 2013. If any of the owners don't wish to return, they we can fill those spots with new owners, however many that may be. That said, the new owners would have no keepers, and would have to start fresh. So, the old owners would have their entire team released into the FA pool, and the new owner of that team would draft a full roster.

This is kind of awkward to say, but if there is a general consensus that some owners are inactive, i wouldn't be opposed to removing them as well.

Finally, I wouldn't be completely opposed to expanding to 28 teams, but would like to stay at 24 if possible.

Of course, if there is interest, another league of BN'ers could always be established.

#7 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:06 PM

I am, like, 200% against dividing the current league in any way. However, I do have a couple of ideas/solutions:

For next season, priority is of course given to any of the current 24 team owners if they wish to play for 2013. If any of the owners don't wish to return, they we can fill those spots with new owners, however many that may be. That said, the new owners would have no keepers, and would have to start fresh. So, the old owners would have their entire team released into the FA pool, and the new owner of that team would draft a full roster.

This is kind of awkward to say, but if there is a general consensus that some owners are inactive, i wouldn't be opposed to removing them as well.

Finally, I wouldn't be completely opposed to expanding to 28 teams, but would like to stay at 24 if possible.

Of course, if there is interest, another league of BN'ers could always be established.

I agree, maybe not 200% agree, but agree none the less (except for the 28 teams part (24 is tough enough for this fantasy newbie)).

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#8 FiveFifty550

FiveFifty550

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

As I said-I'd be extremely interested in getting in. But if all else fails-how could we go about "creating" another league on BN?

#9 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

As I said-I'd be extremely interested in getting in. But if all else fails-how could we go about "creating" another league on BN?

Here is a link to topic Michigan Goat set up.
http://www.bleachern...s-recruit-here/
Basically we just started talking about it and Sam started it up. The recruiting was all done on BN. I believe there were several that wanted to play but no spots were left. I'm not sure why they didn't set another one up though.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#10 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

I was going to ask if anyone is interested i a football league since yh season is approaching

#11 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

There have been a few other owners who have expressed some level of frustration with the 24 team format... usually after a player has gone on the disabled list and they find their best replacement off the waiver wire is a guy who might get six at bats a week.

If there was a will to split and expand the league, I'm sure we could find a way to do it that would still work with the keepers we currently have established. It might even allow us to set up a nice BN World Series at the very end of the year.

This would, of course, all take place in the offseason. I'm not committed to the idea, but I do think it is workable and has some merits.

#12 FiveFifty550

FiveFifty550

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

Thats one of my main reasons for wanting in a keeper league-another league I'm in right now just has to many owners who pay no attention to the league, which obviously makes things boring and uncompetitive=not fun.

#13 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

Regardless I'm certain I will set up a second league next year, ive talked with fleaflicker about a way to have a world series between the two leagues if we get there.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#14 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

Oh and FiveFifty I will add you tithe list of interested future members, I'm fairly certain we will have open spots at the end of the year and then I'll reach out to the waiting list.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#15 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

I was going to ask if anyone is interested i a football league since yh season is approaching

I'd be in for a Yahoo league.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).