Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

I've given up a lot of talent for this year to bring in ideal keepers for next season. I'd hate to see the league expanded more than a couple of teams and would absolutely be against seeing any level of retraction. I think 24 teams is a great number.

I know some people complain about not being able to replace injured starters through the waiver wire (trust me, I'm dealing with injuries all over the place) because of the number of players already owned, but I think that is what makes this league so great. There are at-bats available at every position right now through free agency, it just takes a little bit of research to find them. Other than a few flaws in the scoring system, I'd say this league is just about perfect, and that is probably why almost every owner has remained active through the first 3 months whether they have the best record or are fielding a team that would struggle against the actual Cubs.

There will certainly be a couple of owners not invited back, the experiment with a female owned team has obviously been a colossal failure :D , and a few owners may decide not to play again next year. Filling those spots should be enough to satisfy the demand of new players wanting to join. But only if they take over existing rosters. Basically selecting five players from the roster they are assigned.

The idea of a second league with a World Series between the two is making me a little giddy.
- die hard fanclub member #001

#17 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

I was going to ask if anyone is interested i a football league since yh season is approaching

I'd be in for a Yahoo league.

We made one on flea flicker that you are of course welcome to join.

#18 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

Filling those spots should be enough to satisfy the demand of new players wanting to join. But only if they take over existing rosters. Basically selecting five players from the roster they are assigned.

When/if new owners are brought in I think they should start fresh without keepers.

#19 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

Filling those spots should be enough to satisfy the demand of new players wanting to join. But only if they take over existing rosters. Basically selecting five players from the roster they are assigned.

When/if new owners are brought in I think they should start fresh without keepers.

Nah that would but them at a constant disadvantage, they will take over the roster of a exiting owner. Pick those five keepers and then draft with the rest of us. I guess I could set up a draft for new owners that gives them five rounds before the other rounds begin.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#20 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Nah that would but them at a constant disadvantage, they will take over the roster of a exiting owner. Pick those five keepers and then draft with the rest of us. I guess I could set up a draft for new owners that gives them five rounds before the other rounds begin.

They'll probably be at enough of a disadvantage picking from some pretty weak rosters.

#21 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

Bite me, Vaughn! Every team owner should be thankful!
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#22 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

Bite me, Vaughn! Every team owner should be thankful!

:wub:
- die hard fanclub member #001

#23 Katie

Katie

Wait, is this not ChristianMingle.com?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Twitter:@katiekatcubs

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

If I'm feeling pathetic enough I ought to do some research and see the average # of points my opponents score each week vs the # they score on the weeks they are matched against me.
Peg: Oh Al! Did you miss me?
Al: With every bullet, so far.

#24 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

I think that having them ineherit the rosters and draft with everyone else is the fairest move. I am all for having a second BN league, but no way in hell am I down for splitting up what we have going now. The WS idea is also pretty cool.

#25 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

If I'm feeling pathetic enough I ought to do some research and see the average # of points my opponents score each week vs the # they score on the weeks they are matched against me.

If it is any consolation (it won't be), it isn't all that unusual for Ryan to put up that many points lately. Sorry I'm not more sympathetic. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).