Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

Tim McCarver is a tool...which you probably already knew...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

Watched a bit of the game today, and heard Joe(really lucky my last name is)Buck and Tim McCarver discussing the Cubs rebuilding project. Joe said it looked to be a 2 to 3 year process, while McCarver stated that it would take longer than five years.

I know the Cubs are bad, and on pace for yada, yada, yada...but five years? What an unbelievably stupid comment to make...longer than five years...that is an eternity in modern sports...in any sport...How could you even begin to quantify that statement with any kind of logic? All of the variables that factor in...money, development, injuries and misfortune to your competitors...

Listen, I am not saying they will be a play-off team next year(although I wouold not be surprised at all to see them competitive)...but sitting here on June 16th 2012, you are going to tell me they aren't going to be good until after 2017?

Please retire this arrogant, pompous, average talent, I was lucky Steve Carlton refused to have anyone else catch him but me...douchebag.

#2 santofan10

santofan10

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Timmie has red bird blood in his veins.

So does Buck.

Nuf said.

#3 CubFanBob

CubFanBob

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

So glad I was at the game rather than watching it on my couch once I saw those two knuckle heads calling the game. I DVR'ed the game. Soon as I saw those two pop on the screen it was time for the fast forward.

#4 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

I said it on the main board and I'll say it here,

I know the Cubs are going to lose 90+ games. Losses don't bother me so much. Every team loses and the Cubs will lose more often than most.
Losing when they play on Fox is excruciating. Even winning leaves me feeling kind of empty. These two guys just make everything worse.

#5 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

AND I just noticed we are the Sunday night game on ESPN. Damn it. That will seem like a dream since Morgan is long gone and the fiasco last night but it's still disappointing.

#6 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

What I find stupid about peoples' comments on the process is that they don't really articulate what they mean when they say it's an "X year rebuild."

Five years to what, Tim? A .500 team? A playoff contender? A World Series? A perennial .500 team? A perennial playoff contender? What?

Five years for a perennial playoff contender is reasonable, but mostly because you would have had to start making some playoffs already to be considered a perennial contender.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).