Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

Cubs v. White Sox - June 18, 2012 (TV: WCIU)

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#76 magilljl

magilljl

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Twitter:magilljl
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Just hope we find ways to score runs the rest of the series. Seems like we do this every 8-10 games, then go ICE cold then do it all over again.

#77 hardtop

hardtop

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationThe Queen City of the Plains

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

holy shit. 6 runs, still one out. cmon camp-bandana, lets hit around on these guys. i feel bad for the sux players... between jerry reinsdorf the worlds most annoying fans, it has to be a tough life (not to mention playing in the cell and sharing the clubhouse with aj)

#78 DocPeterWimsey

DocPeterWimsey

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

Man, ChiSox fans really are pretty lame. I mean, if the Cubs were in first, then Wrigley would be stuffed to the gills for a game against the Royals, never mind a cross-time rival.
Gods don't play dice with the universe, they are the dice of the universe: our job is to figure out how many sides and dice!

#79 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

This is freaking AWESOME!!! Loving every second. Hopefully this ass-whooping will shut Hawk up for the rest of the night. :fingerscrossed

I've got Len and Bob over here. They seem to be a bit hard on Castro for no good reason tonight, but hell, I'd rather listen to cats in a blender than Hawk.

#80 hardtop

hardtop

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

Well fuck me!!! 12 to 3??????? Who are these Cubs???? Does this mean a slump is coming?

when you are the worst team in baseball... the slump is already upon you.

#81 DocPeterWimsey

DocPeterWimsey

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

Just hope we find ways to score runs the rest of the series. Seems like we do this every 8-10 games, then go ICE cold then do it all over again.

Well, it will be 8-10 games before a team obliging pitches batting practice with the wind howling out again.

My only guess is that the ChiSox pitchers couldn't believe the Cubs' heat charts and figured that they must be backwards; so, they are throwing at the tiny red spots instead of the big blue clouds..... :P
Gods don't play dice with the universe, they are the dice of the universe: our job is to figure out how many sides and dice!

#82 hardtop

hardtop

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

holy shit. didnt he start the inning by getting drilled? OBP baby, OBP. the jesus was the best of the nothing moves.

#83 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

Man, ChiSox fans really are pretty lame. I mean, if the Cubs were in first, then Wrigley would be stuffed to the gills for a game against the Royals, never mind a cross-time rival.

CTA working on train station and is closed down. Keeping people away.

#84 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

When was the last time the Cubs batted around in an inning anyway?

#85 magilljl

magilljl

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Well, it will be 8-10 games before a team obliging pitches batting practice with the wind howling out again.

My only guess is that the ChiSox pitchers couldn't believe the Cubs' heat charts and figured that they must be backwards; so, they are throwing at the tiny red spots instead of the big blue clouds..... :P

Whatever approach they're deciding to take, I am all for it. Haha

#86 magilljl

magilljl

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

Well fuck me!!! 12 to 3??????? Who are these Cubs???? Does this mean a slump is coming?

when you are the worst team in baseball... the slump is already upon you.

Accurate.

#87 magilljl

magilljl

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

Alexi looks like an anorexic Snoop Dogg

#88 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

Still have to get our starters going longer than 6. Pen gets over worked and their not that good.

#89 magilljl

magilljl

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

Still have to get our starters going longer than 6. Pen gets over worked and their not that good.

I think its being seen as a good time to maybe let some struggling guys "get right". Not arguing your point either, but as long as no one works too long in these last innings, I think I'm OK with it

#90 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

Alexi looks like an anorexic Snoop Dogg

Have watched him since he broke into the majors and has made himself into quite the ball player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).