Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

Cubs v. White Sox - June 18, 2012 (TV: WCIU)

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#91 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

Still have to get our starters going longer than 6. Pen gets over worked and their not that good.

I think its being seen as a good time to maybe let some struggling guys "get right". Not arguing your point either, but as long as no one works too long in these last innings, I think I'm OK with it

Camp's arm has got to be falling off by now. Outside of Camp and Russell their is no one I trust.
Starters pitch counts have all been 98-110 by the sixth and seventh.

#92 DocPeterWimsey

DocPeterWimsey

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

Also, Garza is on the trade market, and this is the sort of night that artificially inflates ERAs. Also, they don't want to run up pitch counts on a guy that they are considering dealing for prospects.
Gods don't play dice with the universe, they are the dice of the universe: our job is to figure out how many sides and dice!

#93 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

Also, Garza is on the trade market, and this is the sort of night that artificially inflates ERAs. Also, they don't want to run up pitch counts on a guy that they are considering dealing for prospects.

I will agree with you about Garza tonight but they just let Demp go 113 in his last outing.
Garza was in the mid 90's tonight.
Spellcheck was around 105 in his last start and went down in the fifth.

#94 magilljl

magilljl

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Twitter:magilljl
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

Camp has struggled a bit lately. Glad to see him doing well today. He's been worked hard, no doubt, but as doc mentioned, rather him than Garza, for the reasons stated above.

#95 magilljl

magilljl

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Twitter:magilljl
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

I will agree with you about Garza tonight but they just let Demp go 113 in his last outing.
Garza was in the mid 90's tonight.

Demp wasn't up 12-3. Plus he just went on the DL, so they may just be a little nervous and being over cautious with Garza. But I bet if the game were close Matty G goes deeper.

#96 DocPeterWimsey

DocPeterWimsey

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

Also, with these conditions, it would be really easy for Garza to give up another couple of HR. As it is, he gets a quality start, and if anybody looks, then they'll see that he probably got it in tough conditions given the Cubs' score. If they don't look, then they'll just see the QS. I'd rather have it so that Theo & Jed can say "it was even better than it looked" than "it wasn't as bad as it looked."
Gods don't play dice with the universe, they are the dice of the universe: our job is to figure out how many sides and dice!

#97 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

Corpas make them corpses and end this one for the Gipper.

#98 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

......and Manny does So........

#99 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

Also, with these conditions, it would be really easy for Garza to give up another couple of HR. As it is, he gets a quality start, and if anybody looks, then they'll see that he probably got it in tough conditions given the Cubs' score. If they don't look, then they'll just see the QS. I'd rather have it so that Theo & Jed can say "it was even better than it looked" than "it wasn't as bad as it looked."

I think the league already knows what you get with Garza. All I am stating is our starting pitchers are not going deep into games. When you are putting the ball into the hands of three relief pitchers with our pen chances are not good for success.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).