#16 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

I've been sitting on the afterward for a while, but I've never really been happy with it. I figured I'd throw it out there, since I (along with, I assume, many others) have almost completely forgotten that the Cardinals won the World Series.

#17 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

THE HORROR, THE HORROR

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#18 CarolinaCubsFan

CarolinaCubsFan

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationThe Piedmont of North Carolina

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

I'm sorry for bringing back this topic since it has been awhile but I have to share my experience with you. My father is a die hard Cardinals fan. I have to live with this on a day by day basis. I have to hear it every day, non-stop, the gloating and the celebrations. He does this because he says he loves me. I had to get him the World Series DVD for christmas, plus a t-shirt, plus a jersey-plus a hat, plus a team photo, and that stupid rally squirrel thing. The pain and suffering I have been through this winter is exactly why I will be in therapy in 10 years. haha

It is non-stop. He'll joke with me and say "Gee, I wonder if they have that 1908 World Series DVD for the Cubs out yet ... OH YEA, guess they don't!" ... OOOOOH It grates on my nerves!

He absolutely believes, some friends of his as well, the power of the rally squirrel will bring home another championship this year. I love my father but this is just downright cruel, what I have to go through! I feel better now.

#19 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:35 AM

That borders on child abuse. You have my deepest sympathies.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#20 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:38 AM

Posted Image
whenever I think of a Cardinals fan I picture this guy

#21 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

Posted Image
whenever I think of a Cardinals fan I picture this guy

Pretty much sums up every Cards fan I know.

#22 santofan10

santofan10

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

Thanks guys, this is something I've been tossing around in my head for a few weeks and finally decided to write last night, kind of a way to vent my frustration.

And I think that comes from the announcing style/philosophy of the franchise, too much small market parochialism. We tell it like it is, it just needs to be a better tale.

Don't get me started on Cardinals TV and radio personalities, they're awful. Mike Shannon sounds like he's always drunk, which isn't great to listen to but it isn't as bad as Al Hrabosky who does nothing but state how many solo home runs the Cardinals need to hit whenever they're behind in a game.

Personally, I don't like Mike Shannon's voice, let alone descriptions of the game.

Lucky for him the tie-in to the Busch family back when they still owned the Cards.

And I've disliked him since he nearly destroyed Glenn Beckert's knee trying to break up a double play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).