FiveFifty550

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Twitter:@FiveFifty550
  • LocationChampaign, Illinois

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:50 AM

So I'm a little ashamed to admit this, seeing as how I've basically lived only an hour and a half away my entire life, but I've never been to a Peoria Chiefs game and I'm determined to get to one this year.

For those who have been, anything I should try to line up or know before going? Seats, spots before or after the game, hotel (depending on the amount of alcohol consumption), things to avoid?

Thanks!

#2 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

I'm 20 minutes from the Detroit Tigers A affiliate and I can promise you that there really are no bad seats with A-ball. I like to spend the extra couple dollars to get "box seats" (its like $15) but the $7 lawn seats are a nice way of watching the game. The one thing I would suggest is checking out where the sun will be when you go to the game. Nothing sucks more than spending the first few innings battling a facing west. Oh and enjoy the cheaper beer.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#3 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

I'm 20 minutes from the Detroit Tigers A affiliate and I can promise you that there really are no bad seats with A-ball. I like to spend the extra couple dollars to get "box seats" (its like $15) but the $7 lawn seats are a nice way of watching the game. The one thing I would suggest is checking out where the sun will be when you go to the game. Nothing sucks more than spending the first few innings battling a facing west. Oh and enjoy the cheaper beer.

Seriously. I go up to Daytona for a month or so every summer to help a friend out with his boat cleaning business. I watch the D-Cubs for almost nothing. There are days when I do watch for nothing, or just pay general admission and sit wherever I want without bothering anyone. The beer and food is cheap, the players are very accessible, and there are tons of hot women who love minor league baseball and guys who buy them beer.

#4 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Yup the minor leagues are a great affordable experience

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#5 FiveFifty550

FiveFifty550

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Twitter:@FiveFifty550
  • LocationChampaign, Illinois

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

Great, thanks guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).