3 replies to this topic

#1 Crockett

Crockett

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

Very impressed with him the past two starts. He gets a pass on the k/bb ratio tonight and his ball/strike ratio as probably the worst plate umpire in the game was indeed behind the dish.

He's spotting his fastball better and better, and his slider rarely gets squared up. He still looks like he's telegraphing his changeup and its movement is still lackluster, but you can't have everything.

Glad to see the improvement and hope to see more as the year progresses.

#2 potvin48

potvin48

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

can't complain with improvement. I think he's doing fairly well for the 5th starter on a team that doesn't score too many runs...

#3 Crockett

Crockett

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

Another really good start. Moving the ball around well and changing speeds very well. He's getting into the groove that I thought he was capable of. His June has been fan-damn-tastic.

#4 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

Another really good start. Moving the ball around well and changing speeds very well. He's getting into the groove that I thought he was capable of. His June has been fan-damn-tastic.

Gotta love the way he's throwing that slider and changing speeds/locations. He has looked like the teams best pitcher since Dempster went down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).