Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:58 AM

Those of us who frequent this site are...let's just say obsessive about the Cubs...we are also quite obsessed with Cub prospects...

wouldn't it be kind of cool to have a weekly ranking system that would flucuate based on performance, injury, etc?....it could also spark some intersting debate/discussion...maybe a top five hitters/pitchers...for instance, with my limited knowledge...hitters might go something like this(this is somewhat hypothetical)

1. Baez 2. Rizzo 3. Lake 4. Vogelbach 5. Vitters

what? no Bjax?
Vogelbach has hardly played!
Baez ahead of Rizzo?

and as it changes weekly(fun), and you could see how long people hold top spot etc......

#2 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:07 AM

Weekly, no. Suppose Jae-Hoon Ha has a 12-16 week with five doubles and three home runs, while all those guys you mentioned go 0-22. Does that mean I vault Ha into the one spot? Even though he projects as a career fourth outfielder and those guys are probable starters? And if I don't, then how do I defend jumping Baez over Rizzo based on good week / bad week splits at a different time? Things can fluctuate too much over the span of a week to make weekly lists very meaningful.

I could probably be talked into doing a monthly one, though.

#3 BFiddy

BFiddy

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Twitter:Bridger_Macau
  • Facebook:Bridger Fetters
  • LocationMacau

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

I would check it out every month...
And that's a bad miss...

#4 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

yeah weekly would be pretty silly just based on weekly stats...I meant more of an overall projection with movement..like you said about Jae-Hoon-Ha... if Michael Brenly has three homers over a two game stretch....that doesn't make him in.....the top guys would stay relatively the same with movement amongst just them...maybe a guy drops in or out occascionally...

sorry Luke, maybe I shouldn't have suggested it, love the work you do here....just thought debating who has the one spot...Baez or Rizzo could be fun...

#5 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,641 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

It would be cool if we could set up a polling system somewhere that we all vote on a top 10, and it automatically spits out a collective top 25 or whatever, and we could open up voting once a month or whatever. Crowdsourcing!

#6 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

It would be cool if we could set up a polling system somewhere that we all vote on a top 10, and it automatically spits out a collective top 25 or whatever, and we could open up voting once a month or whatever. Crowdsourcing!

Nice idea. Since we are talking about the CHICAGO Cubs, I am assuming we would get to vote early and often.
;)
Please don't feed the psychos.

#7 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

If only we knew someone with their own website.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#8 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

actually brett...I was thinking of that as well...just didn't want to step on either yours or Lukes toes...and I think it would be cool if you had some kind of way to keep out(I think you call them trolls) who just muck up the main page...

#9 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

I think we can set something up next year for certain, if not for this year.

Weekly rankings could work if I could get some more objective system behind them. Something similar to a minor league power rankings could work, I think. The BCS might be a better comparison.

I also think, as a separate thing or as part of the ranking system, we could do a fan-ranked prospect list.

I'll see what I can come up with. This is a very good idea, if we implement it right.

#10 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,054 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

...and I think it would be cool if you had some kind of way to keep out... trolls who just muck up the main page...

Understatement!

#11 cjdubbya

cjdubbya

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:@cjdubbya

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

What 2012 Chicago Cubs prospect is performing best for the 2012 Chicago Cubs in the 2012 Chicago Cubs minor league system?

#12 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,641 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

If only we knew someone with their own website who knows how to code an automatic system like that.

Fixed it for ya.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).