#1 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

Some of bnfl owners have joined a new football league. We have 6 spots left contact me spencer or rick for more info

#2 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

I'm down if you still have spots email me [redacted after I got the email]

#3 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

I'm in! Thanks for the invite! Can't wait!

#4 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

I have a few questions...

The most important question is, being that the draft is held during the day (on Aug 7th), does Fleaflicker autopick teams for owners who cannot attend? Yahoo does this, I know. I have a pretty hectic work day and am not sure if I can break away for the draft. I am HOPING to, but things come up. The fact that Fleaflicker is blocked at work means I will have to get off-site to do the draft, too. I hope this is possible, 'cause I'm looking forward to playing.

Do we need more teams? I don't know how many teams you were hoping to have, but looking at the division alignment, it looked like you might be a few teams shy. I have a lot of friends that play fantasy football and most of them are also Cubs fans (of course). If we need more teams, say the word!

#5 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

That date is not set in stone. Nothing really is. Im just waiting for he league to fill up. If you know anyone that is going to be active send them an invite. Well make decisions once we raw done adding people

#6 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

If your on twitter follow me @toxicubbies just let me know who you are

#7 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:46 AM

If your on twitter follow me @toxicubbies just let me know who you are

No, I don't do twitter... sorry..

#8 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

I wouldn't mind bumping it back a couple weeks I don't want to draft a guy just to have him blow his knee out in a preseason game

#9 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

I think the second to last week of the preseason is the best time to do it, if everyone is willing to wait that long.

#10 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:30 AM

Agreed. There is really no reason to draft a month before the season begins. I keep up on offseason football stuff probably more than anybody, but I'm still in full baseball mode. A couple of weeks before opening kickoff would be ideal.
- die hard fanclub member #001

#11 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:27 AM

I think we need another person to join the league... I would recruit my Cubs fan friend but he pops way too many pills to be a reliable owner

I would say the week after the 3rd preseason game is played. I doubt many of the battles (Dolphins QB, Patriots/Buc/Lions RB, 49rs WR corp, etc) will be resolved until then... also we'll see how healthy Manning, Peterson, etc. REALLY are... The 4th preseason game is usually when they have their lineups set so they can give them a full half to get all the pieces working together

#12 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:04 AM

My vote goes to 1 1/2 -2 weeks before season starts.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#13 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

Made some changes..moved draft back to last week of August (still not the for sure date, but more in line with what everyone was thinking), changed the number of divisions to three, reduced points for sacks from 2 to 1 (since they're the most common defensive score), reduced passing TDs from 6 to 4 (that way a good QB day with 3 TDs is equal to a good RB day with 2 TDs), and eliminated points for solo tackles because that would really inflate defensive scoring. Anyone got any other ideas? I'm getting pumped!

#14 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

How many max teams are you looking to have in the league? (I'm used to 14 teams in my leagues) Obviously, the more teams you have, the more the talent is spread and the more difficult it is to draft (and manage your team throughout the season). I wouldn't want to go more than 14 teams. In my leagues, 14 teams, each team plays the other teams once, then the playoffs begin.

#15 Caleb

Caleb

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Facebook:Caleb Shreves
  • LocationSt. Louis :(

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

Made some changes..moved draft back to last week of August (still not the for sure date, but more in line with what everyone was thinking), changed the number of divisions to three, reduced points for sacks from 2 to 1 (since they're the most common defensive score), reduced passing TDs from 6 to 4 (that way a good QB day with 3 TDs is equal to a good RB day with 2 TDs), and eliminated points for solo tackles because that would really inflate defensive scoring. Anyone got any other ideas? I'm getting pumped!

Why reduce sacks because they're the most common defensive score? Why do your hypothetical QB and RB with their hypothetical games have to even out? Isn't there only room for 1 QB and 2 RBs? (or even a third in the RB/WR slot?). Shouldn't QBs be getting the single highest points anyway? And how are defensive scores inflated?

My idea is that Fleaflicker probably has a good reason (and years of experience) setting default points. So, while they don't need to be set in stone, changes should be conservative and cautious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).