King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

Skip Bayless and Steven Smith are one of the many reasons I hate the NBA. I'm glad they don't talk baseball.

If you haven't seen this, it's a good time. Mark Cuban saying what many of us have been wanting to say to Bayless and most mainstream sports media, but mostly Bayless.
http://www.barstools...ss-a-fatality/#

I hate Skip Bayless. He represents exactly why I rarely get my sports news from ESPN anymore. It certainly isn't just him, it's sadly becoming the network in general, but nobody else makes me change the channel nearly as fast as he does.

That was absolutely terrific. I loved that Cuban kept talking about zones and matchups and Skip kept saying all the generalized bullshit he was trying to deny he says. Did I hear correctly, did Skip really just try to take credit for LeBron changing his game and winning the title?

Yeah, he sure did.

More shocking though is that Stephen A. Smith managed to sit quietly for almost 7 minutes.

That was hilarious. You could see him in the background or the side of the picture twitching and shifting in his seat. He was dying to get in on that. I'm not sure if he wanted to pile on Skip or go after Cuban though.

#17 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

Okay just watched the video (actually I saw this at the resturant i had dinner that night but no audio), that was awesome! How can ESPN continue to rationalize him being on the air? Ding, ding, ding- because we keep talking about him. ESPN is embracing the bad news is still news philosophy and if people are talking that's all they care about.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#18 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

Okay just watched the video (actually I saw this at the resturant i had dinner that night but no audio), that was awesome! How can ESPN continue to rationalize him being on the air? Ding, ding, ding- because we keep talking about him. ESPN is embracing the bad news is still news philosophy and if people are talking that's all they care about.

Skip Bayless is BetterNews. Mystery solved.

#19 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

Skip Bayless is BetterNews. Mystery solved.

If he's not I'm sure he loves Skippy

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).