Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Why Masahiro Tanaka Will Very Likely Be Posted Despite the Posting System Changes
Yesterday, 03:29 PM
- Another Rumored Bullpen Target for the Cubs: Joba Chamberlain
Yesterday, 01:24 PM
- Signing Day: McLouth, Feldman, Napoli, Johnson, and the Big Boys
Yesterday, 10:31 AM
- Yankees Keep on Spending: Agree to Terms with Carlos Beltran
Yesterday, 08:58 AM
- Tim McCarver to St. Louis? Yes, Please and Other Bullets
Yesterday, 08:15 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST!
Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:12 PM
Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:24 PM
The number of the beast is also believed by many to be a popular misunderstanding of the message in Revelation. Apparently there's some calculation that makes the number into a name, and it's Nero Caesar. I could probably Google it, but, like, meh.
Depending on which algorithm you use, Nero does pop out. So does a couple of other Caesars, the name of a local bishop at the time, John Wesley, Adolf Hitler, Stalin, Napoleon, Ronald Reagan, a dozen or so Popes, and probably a few more I'm forgetting.
You know you're somebody when your name has been algorithm-ed into the number of the beast.
Nero was a giant, mega, super douche.
"Oh, hi! I'm bored! Let's burn down Rome for giggles! Whee!"
Yeah, Nero was pretty messed up.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).