Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Chicago Cubs Reportedly Sign Pitcher Tsuyoshi Wada to a Minor League Deal
Yesterday, 07:16 PM
- Winter Meetings Denouement: What Did or Didn’t Happen with Jeff Samardzija, and What Comes Next?
Yesterday, 01:01 PM
- Another Meh Option Off the Board: Joba Chamberlain Reportedly to Sign With Tigers
Yesterday, 12:42 PM
- Minor Acquisitions: Tommy Hottovy, Charles Cutler
Yesterday, 10:58 AM
- Chicago Cubs Trade Brian Bogusevic to the Miami Marlins for Justin Ruggiano
Yesterday, 08:40 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST!
Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:12 PM
Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:24 PM
The number of the beast is also believed by many to be a popular misunderstanding of the message in Revelation. Apparently there's some calculation that makes the number into a name, and it's Nero Caesar. I could probably Google it, but, like, meh.
Depending on which algorithm you use, Nero does pop out. So does a couple of other Caesars, the name of a local bishop at the time, John Wesley, Adolf Hitler, Stalin, Napoleon, Ronald Reagan, a dozen or so Popes, and probably a few more I'm forgetting.
You know you're somebody when your name has been algorithm-ed into the number of the beast.
Nero was a giant, mega, super douche.
"Oh, hi! I'm bored! Let's burn down Rome for giggles! Whee!"
Yeah, Nero was pretty messed up.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).