Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Matt Garza Impressed at Least One Scout Last Night, But There’s Still a Trading Hang-Up
Today, 10:17 AM
- Darwin Barney Had a Great Night at the Plate … And He’s Quietly Having a Good Season There, Too
Today, 08:30 AM
- Theo Epstein Clarifies Third Base and Other Bullets
Today, 07:16 AM
- Cubs Minor League Daily: It’s Coming
Today, 06:09 AM
- Enhanced Box Score: Cubs 4, Pirates 5 – May 21, 2013
Yesterday, 08:37 PM
Upcoming Calendar Events
THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST!
Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:12 PM
Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:24 PM
The number of the beast is also believed by many to be a popular misunderstanding of the message in Revelation. Apparently there's some calculation that makes the number into a name, and it's Nero Caesar. I could probably Google it, but, like, meh.
Depending on which algorithm you use, Nero does pop out. So does a couple of other Caesars, the name of a local bishop at the time, John Wesley, Adolf Hitler, Stalin, Napoleon, Ronald Reagan, a dozen or so Popes, and probably a few more I'm forgetting.
You know you're somebody when your name has been algorithm-ed into the number of the beast.
Nero was a giant, mega, super douche.
"Oh, hi! I'm bored! Let's burn down Rome for giggles! Whee!"
Yeah, Nero was pretty messed up.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).