#16 TrueblueCubbie

TrueblueCubbie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:@cubsfantroy

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

One of the more difficult thing for fans to understand and is always the quick fan solution is the following: JUST DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

I'm not targeting any specific fans (I've said that frequently before), but sometimes changing just for change sake isn't the right thing to do. Sveum has nothing to work with and has to decide which turd he should play- turd 1 or turd 2. Now maybe we'd have a win or two more if he'd do something different, but he is sticking to the what the stats tell him is the right move. It just isn't working for him, but it is what he should be doing if we are going to be a team that is sabermetric/statistically driven. Yes its frustrating when the results don't show but playing the odds is what we'd expect from a manager. Just imagine - if Sveum did not play to the odds and then we lose, then the rabble and complaints would be that Sveum is using stats to guide his lineups.

Basically he's fucked with any decision he makes with this turd bowl team.

I guess I haven't looked at it that way, and yes, you are correct.

Posted Image

#17 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

I guess I haven't looked at it that way, and yes, you are correct.

I don't know if I'm correct or not but its something i've noticed happens with fans whenever things are going well. We are all guilty of being armchair managers and yes it looks so simple- it isn't working CHANGE something.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#18 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

I'll assume that the people calling for Sveum's head are the same ones who rejoiced when Hendry was fired, rejoiced again when Theo was hired, and then called for Theo's head when he didnt conduct the offseason the same fucking way in which Hendry would have.

#19 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

I'll assume that the people calling for Sveum's head are the same ones who rejoiced when Hendry was fired, rejoiced again when Theo was hired, and then called for Theo's head when he didnt conduct the offseason the same fucking way in which Hendry would have.

Yeah that's Bout right the fans that have the patience and vision of about one month.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#20 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:04 AM

Fortunately, our current Front Office is much smarter than the average fan. They know that Dale is working with "a deficit of talent" and will take that into account.
Please don't feed the psychos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).