Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/nowahhh
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/nowah25
  • LocationGlendale Heights, Illinois

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

The 2012 NBA draft is coming soon and there are plenty of rumors going around of what the Bulls are going to do.

With Derrick Rose missing the majority of next season the Bulls are being rumored to try to trade up in the draft for a lottery pick. I suggest that the Bulls trade their 29th pick, Luol Deng and a combination of Brewer (who is expected to be replaced by Jimmy Butler next season), Mirotic (the Bulls 2011 23rd pick) and the Bobcats pick they recieved from the Tyrus Thomas deal in 2010 to Sacramento for Tyreke Evans and the 5th overall pick in the draft.

Albeit, it would be hard to trade Deng, given his tremendous defense and his ability to shoot the three, but if the Bulls were to make this deal, they could possibly draft Small Forward, Harrison Barnes. Evans and Barnes both have good scoring abilities something the Bulls direly need, and they will provide some salary relief, something the Bulls also need. Barnes' has the skill set to become a good defender, but since the Bulls know they aren't going for a title run next season, with a full year of an NBA season and being coached by a defensive wizard in Thibodeau I'm sure he'll be ready when Derrick Rose comes back the following season.

If the Bulls and Sacramento do make this deal and draft Barnes, it will provide salary relief, better scoring and a younger core. However, the Bulls will miss Deng's defense for atleast the first year and his ability to shoot the three, because Evans and Barnes are not notorious three-point shooters.

#2 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

If the do either lf those trades they are paying to much. I saw espn that den and the pick for Evans and their pick would make sence.

I see the bulls going for ray Allen.

#3 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

If the do either lf those trades they are paying to much. I saw espn that den and the pick for Evans and their pick would make sence.

#4 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

#5 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

Deng is probably going to get traded at some point, but I don't think it'll be on draft night. Also, I don't think Rose will miss the majority of next season - maybe the first 4-6 weeks of the season, but the Bulls should have enough talent to survive that (maybe, haha). I think the real problem with the team is Boozer.

#6 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

Deng is probably going to get traded at some point, but I don't think it'll be on draft night. Also, I don't think Rose will miss the majority of next season - maybe the first 4-6 weeks of the season, but the Bulls should have enough talent to survive that (maybe, haha). I think the real problem with the team is Boozer.

I agree, they need to find a taker for Boozer's contract. Deng carried the team at times without Rose and I think trading him at this point might be a mistake.

#7 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

I agree, they need to find a taker for Boozer's contract. Deng carried the team at times without Rose and I think trading him at this point might be a mistake.

I'm a Jazz fan, and I laughed mercilessly when I saw the contract Boozer duped the Bulls into.

#8 Njriv

Njriv

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

They expect Derrick Rose to be out until Jan-Feb, but you never know, he has youth on his side. As for Boozer, I believe he is going to stay in Chicago for at least one more season before they amnesty his contract.

#9 Njriv

Njriv

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

I don't see that happening, Ray is more of a spot up shooter, the Bulls need someone who can create their own shot off the dribble.

#10 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

I have heard that Ray Allen is thinking about the Heat....

The Bulls as currently constituted...even with a healthy Rose...will never be a championship team...

Time for a semi-rebuild and then it still probably won't matter with the Heat and Thunder in the league...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).